Just moved to Charlotte

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Just moved to Charlotte

Postby rdavidd » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I was in SF for a while in the 60s & saw a lot of groups, but I seemed to gravitate to eventually preferring the Dead and have been following their music ever since. I just moved to Charlotte from the Chicago area where I moved to from Charlotte back in '90. I have have played bass since I was 15 & only picked up rhythm and lead later on. I played professionally for a lot of years (one group named The Electric Underground in the late 60s) until I got into computers in the late 70s. I still have 5 guitars (an acoustic Ovation bass & a Fender Jazz bass, a Peavey 6 string electric, a Gibson hollow-body electric, & a basic acoustic 6 string) and 3 amps. I was playing bass with friends (Rust Belt Rangers) on weekends in small bars on the Illinois prairie until I moved. We did mostly Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, and a lot of originals.
rdavidd
welcome
welcome

Re: Just moved to Charlotte

Postby Chuckles » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Welcome to the KINDest music board on them internets!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby amyjared » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Another North Cackalakey head! Welcome. Many great heads in Charlotte. I used to live in NC, and still visit every other year, but in Chapel Hill. Did live in Davidson for a short spell. Enjoy!
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Laytonco » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 am

Hey man,
I was born and raised in Charlotte and lived there until 1992. Lot's of family and friends still there. Enjoy it!

Gil
Laytonco

Return to Introductions