Hello from North Carolina

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hello from North Carolina

Postby chris » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Hello kind folks my name is chris and i love the dead and this site. I play guitar an acoustic martin dx1k not very good but i enjoy it. Kind of thinking of buying an electric soon. Just a cheap one for around the house. Any suggestions would be appreciated I dont know much about electrics. I'm into lots of different kinds of music mostly the dead and bluegrass but I also like blues, jazz and pretty much whatever turns my ear. My wife is in a bluegrass band with her brother and they are pretty good. You can check them out on myspace if your into bluegrass just search flat out bluegrass. And no i'm not making a pitch for the band just want to share some good music. I also want to say thank you for this web site to the person or people who make it possible. Well recon I'll look around some more before bed time and thanks again for this great site. Chris..
chris
bruce
bruce

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Postby amyjared » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey there. Where are you in NC? For recommendations, I think the Fender Strat's are a good starter, even the cheaper ones play nicely and feel good. It depends upon what you plan to do with it, as well. With an electric, you'll also need a decent amp and an effect pedal or two. It's a neverending purchase!! Anyhow,welcome to the site.
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby ian » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:51 pm

hello
i,m currently in Raeford NC at least for 9 more months
where about are you
ian
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby chris » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm

I am from Anson county N.C. it's about 50 some odd miles east of Charlotte n.c. out in the boon docks.
chris
bruce
bruce

Return to Introductions