Hello Brothers and Sisters.

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hello Brothers and Sisters.

Postby Highballin' » Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 am

Glad to be here. I love this Forum and surrounding area. Started listening to the Dead when I was about 18, slowly evolved into a Head. Saw the Dead only once, Buffalo 1990. Still didn't have the proper ears. Fast forward to 2001, I was truck driving, and sitting in my Truck getting ready to rest for the night. A few miles south of Greenville,SC. Caught a lil' buzz, flippin' through the radio---stumbled upon the GDHour.(not the first time-just the right time)Sat there listening, in the warm Southern Air, Jerry was riffing up some tune(can't remember which one) that's when I was finally hit by the Lightning Bolt. My collection of Grateful Dead, and JGB began to grow exponentially. I also have always been heavily into Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, Hot Tuna, Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, Floyd, Zep, and all the other "good stuff".
I try to play a little guitar. I'm just learning. Got some chords down. I run an SG Standard, or a Strat 62' Reissue through a clean Fender Deluxe with extension cabinent.
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Re: Hello Brothers and Sisters.

Postby amyjared » Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 am

Welcome! Glad you "found your way". Lots of nice folks here...I too am playing through a Fender Deluxe, and love it. Enjoy!
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby jackr » Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 am

welcome to the forum. If you are learning to play guitar, this is a great resource. You'll find some excellent and giving people here.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby Billbbill » Wed May 06, 2009 3:18 am

Hey now! Welcome to our Oasis.

:smile:
Billbbill

Postby Highballin' » Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 am

Billbbill wrote:Hey now! Welcome to our Oasis.

Thanks alot you guys. Bill that was you playing Dire Wolf on another post right? One of my favorite tunes.
I have already found tons of stuff on here to learn with. I have a long way to go. Peace-out. :smile:
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Postby Billbbill » Wed May 06, 2009 7:38 am

Highballin' wrote:
Billbbill wrote:Hey now! Welcome to our Oasis.

Thanks alot you guys. Bill that was you playing Dire Wolf on another post right? One of my favorite tunes.
I have already found tons of stuff on here to learn with. I have a long way to go. Peace-out. :smile:

Yea that's moi. A bunch of stuff here at my youtube page as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/billbbill

Much of it has links under the vid description back to here for some discussion. Like the DW thread you stumbled onto.
Billbbill

Return to Introductions