Hello from Chicago

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hello from Chicago

Postby willwadd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Hey everybody,
My names Will, I'm from Chicago and very interested in playing Dead around here. Anyone around the south side play any Dead? I'm looking to jam.
willwadd
welcome
welcome

Re: Hello from Chicago

Postby strumminsix » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Will! Nick from the NW burbs! Welcome!

What do you play?
strumminsix

Postby alcorelectric » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:23 am

Hey Will,
How far south are you?
Im in the SW burbs
T
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:00 pm

every Thursday in April: Dead Night @ Harte's Saloon, 99th & Artesian, Evergreen Park, IL

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =12,0,,0,5

Jim Farmer: "myself, Jack Pieroth, Dave Waterman, Anthony Massarro, and Barry Brown.......w/ some alternates. This is NOT a jam night however........The band will be the same lineup for the most part."

I'm planning on attending during my Chicago trip, 4/23.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby alcorelectric » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:11 pm

evergreen park is very tempting.
North of where I am but doable.
Thanks for the heads up
T
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby strumminsix » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:22 am

tigerstrat wrote:I'm planning on attending during my Chicago trip, 4/23.

Let me know if you are going for sure and I'll join you!
strumminsix

Postby deadguise » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Will.
deadguise

Postby Good Times » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 am

Welcome aboard :smile:
I wish I was a headlight, on a North bound train
I'd shine my light through cool Colorado rain
Good Times
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby parr0th3ad88 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

I just moved out to the S/SW suburbs too :-/ looking for some Deadhead/Hippie bars.

Really just somewhere mellow to go hang out.
parr0th3ad88
welcome
welcome

Postby alcorelectric » Tue May 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Hey PH,
Not sure about dead bars, but there are a couple places to catch some free live music
Orland Park, and Tinley Park have "Music in the Park' throughout the summer
Bring a lawn chair, beverages and food they will supply the music.
Also, Tinley Parks Old Town area has alot of bars with live music
HTH
T
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 26, 2009 1:11 pm

I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

My main complaint was that when I sat in (strictly an exception, not an "open" jam) they gave NO opportunity to tune up... just launched into a tune as I walked onstage... fuckrs! (not you Jim, thanks a ton for trying)
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 26, 2009 1:48 pm

tigerstrat wrote:I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

My main complaint was that when I sat in (strictly an exception, not an "open" jam) they gave NO opportunity to tune up... just launched into a tune as I walked onstage... fuckrs! (not you Jim, thanks a ton for trying)

Speaking of fuckrs! Um, I told ya I woulda driven down there?!
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm

strumminsix wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

Speaking of fuckrs! Um, I told ya I woulda driven down there?!

arrgh, sorry about that, Nick. It was pretty touch and go for me that evening and I dont think I got out my door until after 10pm. I've got a few friends peeved at me from not getting together with them this last visit, but that's how it goes with a 20 month old kid sometimes. I'll be back in August- let's make a point of getting together. I'll probably go ahead and bring a guitar next time too, much easier than borrowing one (for a lefty).
tigerstrat

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm

tigerstrat wrote:arrgh, sorry about that, Nick. It was pretty touch and go for me that evening and I dont think I got out my door until after 10pm. I've got a few friends peeved at me from not getting together with them this last visit, but that's how it goes with a 20 month old kid sometimes. I'll be back in August- let's make a point of getting together. I'll probably go ahead and bring a guitar next time too, much easier than borrowing one (for a lefty).

No worries, Tom! I see only too often the struggles with little ones. And I'm sure I'm lower on your visit list being so far from "home". August for sure!!!
strumminsix

Return to Introductions