Hey There

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hey There

Postby spyder » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 pm

My name's Rob, and I live in California, Merced to be exact. I moved up from LA a few years ago to open the new University of California here. Graduated at the top of my class in engineering about a year and a half ago, did a little statistical research with a professor for awhile after, but soon grew bored of that. Looking at spreadsheets and numbers all day is NOT very interesting... heh.

So, I'm looking for work now, while thinking about applying to grad school this winter. I guess going back to school is easier than finding a decent job right now.

I didn't even realize this forum was here. I"ve been coming to the rukind site for about 10 years now, and only looked at discussions a couple of times early on, when there weren't any.. haha.

Anyways, I did some tour in the mid-90's. Thank god for In the Dark, and especially the Touch of Grey video of the late 80's, or I might never have left town a few years later, and might still be stuck there (I"m originally from CT). I jumped off tour after the Giants Stadium shows in '95 thinking I'd catch back up with it in the fall... only to wake up in Big Sur a few months later to catch the bad news. I guess that last Brokedown Encore was no coincidence, eh?

I play a little guitar, mostly GD stuff. I'm not very good, just do it for my own amusement, and on occasion to jam with friends. It's nice to know you're all here, so I'll have to come back more often.

Thanks to whoever put in the time and effort to maintain this site. I haven't looked around too much (in 10 years), mostly just the tabs, but I do appreciate it. :)
spyder
welcome
welcome

Re: Hey There

Postby Laytonco » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Welcome Rob! I think you'll find this a very informative and kind place to hang out. Lot's of good things going on here.

Peace,

Gil
Laytonco

Postby jackr » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you only play a "little" and stick around this forum, it wont be long before you get the bug to play "a lot".
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby willmusic » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 pm

:cheers:
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby frankielee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey Rob. Nice to have you here. I am also a transplanted east coaster(NYC) living in NorCal(Placerville) Merced is not far from Yosemite, hope you have had the chance to go there. Saw some great shows in CT. in Hartford to be exact(Dillon Stadium) So anyway--Welcome 8) BTW Big Sur is one of the most beautiful places on the planet!
"Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road."
frankielee
Jerry
Jerry

Postby hotasaPistol » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey Now,
I live in Hanford.....about an hour south of Merced
if you ever want to jam come on down and we'll see what kind of trouble we can stir up.

Welcome

hotasPistol :wink:
hotasaPistol
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Good Times » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:52 am

Welcome to this wonderful place. :smile:
I wish I was a headlight, on a North bound train
I'd shine my light through cool Colorado rain
Good Times
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby spyder » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, alright! I just had the worst afternoon and come home to your responses and now I'm all smiles. Thank you all so much for your kind words. I'll be sure to check in a lot more frequently in the future. :smile:

Gil - I've already made extensive use of the tabs.. learned dozens of gd songs.. now I find out about the forum and man that really cheers me up.

Jackr - I'm looking forward to maybe finding some people to jam with on here.. or just to hang out. Your signature cracks me up.. heh.

Will - Cheers!

Frankie - I've spent quite a bit of time backpacking through Yosemite, including one five day trip through the remote eastern parts of the park. Didn't see another human being for 2 1/2 days on that 50 mile trek... truly spectacular. I also held an internship there briefly a few summers ago, but that didn't pan out - too much politics in the NPS for my taste. And yes, Big Sur is amazing.. one of my two favorite places on earth (the other is Lyell Canyon in Yosemite).

Hotasapistol - Thanks for the invite. I don't have a car, but I think I can jump on the train, which is better for the environment anyway. I'll bring my twelve-string acoustic along. I love to play MOTM on it.. sounds really nice.

Good Times - Thank you. The only place I've ever felt more at home was inside a gd show.
spyder
welcome
welcome

Return to Introductions