Hey Now from Boston MA

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hey Now from Boston MA

Postby playingdead » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 pm

My name's Vic, I play lead guitar in a band called Playing Dead in the greater Boston MA area, with occasional forays into Rhode Island, Vermont and New York City.

I've been playing lead guitar in this band for three years; before that I was the keyboard player in a different iteration of Playing Dead, which was called Electric Hummus. I've also played rhythm guitar in Laughing Water in Boston, lead in Uncle John's Band in Tampa Bay FL and, in the early 80s, lead in a University of Miami Dead band called Rip and the Fatties.

Right now I am playing a lefty Resurrection Tiger guitar through a mid-70s Twin Reverb with a few mods, and a Hard Truckers 2X12 cabinet with JBL E-120 speakers. Effects are a Q-Tron, Boss OD-2r overdrive, Vox wah, MXR Phase 100, Boss Octave, Boss DD-6 delay and a Boss EQ pedal set flat.

Always happy to correspond on gear, sound, playing techniques, etc. ... a friend recently pointed me to the forums here, but, of course, I've known about the tabs forever.

Some recent video of the band:

http://www.playingdead.net/video4.html

Peace,
Vic
playingdead

Postby LazyLightnin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 pm

welcome, suprised no-one said hello. Dam sox are beatin the crap out of my indians :(
LazyLightnin

Postby Dozin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 am

LazyLightnin wrote:welcome, suprised no-one said hello. Dam sox are beatin the crap out of my indians :(

TEK! for the win :cool:
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby bucketorain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:51 am

LazyLightnin wrote:welcome, suprised no-one said hello. Dam sox are beatin the crap out of my indians :(

you need to switch teams bro!
YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA GET STRANGER
www.otrpresents.ca
bucketorain
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby LazyLightnin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:16 pm

2 game sweep, a closer on the rocks - yeesh.
LazyLightnin

Postby drums>space » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:18 am

man, that dude in your band looks exactly like bobby.

p.s. would have gone to the world series last season if boston hadn't beat cleveland :?
drums>space
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Introductions