Dead on Sirius

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Dead on Sirius

Postby Hunkle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:58 am

Greetings from upstate NY...Been checking out this site for a few months now and love it! Thanks for all the great info. and making the long hours at work fly by. My question is, does anybody listen to the Dead channel on Sirius radio? its sick!
Hunkle
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby I'm on the Bozo Bus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:06 am

You know it. I have had sirius for about two years and on 17, you would hear a dead tune every once in a while. Now 24/7. As a matter of fact listening to it now over the PC.
Good stuff,
PEACE,
Phil
I'm on the Bozo Bus
Billy
Billy

Postby Billbbill » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:23 am

I'm on the Bozo Bus wrote:You know it. I have had sirius for about two years and on 17, you would hear a dead tune every once in a while. Now 24/7. As a matter of fact listening to it now over the PC.
Good stuff,
PEACE,
Phil

Same here. To quote that fast food joint I happen to have a love/hate relationship with - "I'm lovin it!"
Billbbill

Postby spacehead333 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 am

how much is sirius a month?
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby ebick » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 am

Is the merger with XM still on the horizon?
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Billbbill » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:43 am

I pay like $12 a month.

I believe the whole monopoly thing was holding up the proposed merger, last I heard. Don't know any more than that.
Billbbill

Postby Hunkle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:55 am

My brother and I have a family plan and I pay $8 a month. Its worth every cent- 24/7 Dead, PLUS Howard Stern, as brilliant as ever, blues channel, jazz, EVERY NFL and NBA game, minimum commercials, etc, etc. I haven't listened to "regular" radio in over two years.
Hunkle
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby I'm on the Bozo Bus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:20 am

I drop about $140 a year. but I'm paying for a few subscriptions, wife, dad and mine.
WORTH EVERY PENNY... Yes I am shouting.

On a related note.... sort of...
I don't know how much I am contributing to the Koons (sp?) Retirement fund.....
I'm on the Bozo Bus
Billy
Billy

Postby jackr » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 am

I could never go back to regular radio. I love Sirus.

I listen to Howard Stern, Blues Channel, Jam station, coffee house (original acoustic music),some jazz and of course THE DEAD CHANNEL!

THey have a station that plays deeper cuts from classic albums which is great too.

Well worth the money.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby DireWuff » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:46 pm

Listening to a great 11/20/73 show right now on Sirius 32. I love it because they play full shows. I pretty much listen every waking hour I am not working or playing music myself...I HIGHLY recomend it.
DireWuff
TC
TC

Postby Panda Licker » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 pm

I work at radioshack

and as soon as the manager wanders away I switch the Sirius they have set up to the dead station

channel 32 I believe
Spanish lady come to me, she lays on me this rose.
Panda Licker
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby krzykat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm getting sirius just to have the dead station!
krzykat

Postby broomhead » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:26 am

Sirius is FANTASTIC.I purchased my original unit to listen to Howard Stern and when we bought new cars this year we were sure to have Sirius as a feature.

Theres always something fantastic on. Of course I enjoy Howard Stern as well as Raw Dog comedy,Tons of he best, unedited comedy bits. Ch.32 the Dead channel, ch.43 is backspin I think? they play some pretty good ol'skewl rap for when I'm in the right mood. 72 pure jazz, 74 blues.. could go on and on.. If you pay monthly i think it's 12bux, subsequent subscriptions are less (9$ i think).
Once you have it you wont be able to drive w/out it. When I travel I always make sure the rental car has sirius. Well worth the $$.
Joe
broomhead
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby bodiddley » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 am

Stern can lick my nutsack.

We get it(sirius music) along with our sattelite dish channels. Thing that bugs me about it is they never give the date on a particular version being played unless it's a whole set. Another thing I get sick of is when they only play one portion of a combo like scar/fire or Help/slip/frank.
bodiddley

Postby mutant_dan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 am

bodiddley wrote:Stern can lick my nutsack.

We get it(sirius music) along with our sattelite dish channels. Thing that bugs me about it is they never give the date on a particular version being played unless it's a whole set. Another thing I get sick of is when they only play one portion of a combo like scar/fire or Help/slip/frank.

This must be a function of how the satellite is set up to show channel, artist, song. I get the dates and location of almost every song. The only time it doesn't show up is when it is an album cut.

In addition to everything everyone else has talked about, I get all the NFL games and you can listen to the home team or visitors broadcast. Very nice...

Oh yeah, that 11-20-73 show was over the top...
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Next

Return to Introductions