Hello from Stuart, Florida

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hello from Stuart, Florida

Postby delilah » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:50 pm

hello. I've been using this site off and on for years for tabs and lyrics. I registered way back, but since forgot all my log-in info and had to start over. I play guitar and sing. I was in a Dead cover band for a while and also in a JGB cover band. I don't have anyone to jam with anymore who shares the love of playing Dead and isn't harrassed for hanging out with me. I'm female and single. I don't hit on married or otherwise attached men. I really don't hit on anyone, but being female seems to limit my field of playing buddies. I'm 43. I just want to play guitar. Anyway, I thought I'd check out the forums here and perhaps make some new friends. Nice meeting everyone
delilah
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:12 am

Welcome Delilah! I think MORE women should play guitar! :cool: Kick ass! :smile:
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby delilah » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Thank you. I wish more sisters would play so that those of us that do would be taken seriously. Most females that play are really singers that just play a few chords to get by. I don't know why there are so few serious female guitar players. :cool:
delilah
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Welcome aboard deliah delilah!

delilah wrote:I don't know why there are so few serious female guitar players.

Cuz they are attracted to the men that do!
strumminsix

Postby delilah » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:43 pm

I guess most guys start playing guitar as a sort of breeding ornament, like a peacock's tail, to attract more females. Like having a nice car. And I suspect that it works for them. I don't think women pick it up with the same goal in mind, although it works for me too. I love the challenge of the instrument. I play electric and I don't limit myself to simple chords. I play lead guitar. I suppose I play with a melodic, feminine touch, but I can get loud and crunchy too. I have good speed and dexterity. But guitar is a boy's club. It just is.
delilah
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby cuznt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:50 am

delilah wrote:I guess most guys start playing guitar as a sort of breeding ornament, .

music is not that to me
my guitar was my only friend for years
welcome.
cuznt
Keith
Keith

Postby delilah » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:11 am

cuznt wrote:
delilah wrote:I guess most guys start playing guitar as a sort of breeding ornament, .

music is not that to me
my guitar was my only friend for years
welcome.

I apologize for the way that sounded. I shouldn't have said "most" guys. Plus it sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder about it which I don't. I have no idea what percentage of guys start playing because they are interested in the instument as opposed to what percentage pick it as a pick up girls tool. My post was in response to women being attracted to the guys that play - which i fully understood was spoken in jest - but... It's probably true and there's not really anything wrong with that. From what some of my guitar buddy friends have told me, it is sort of a tool to get chics in a large number of cases and it does work, I think. I guess I was just making a point that I don't think women start playing for those reasons. And I could be wrong about that too! My post sounds sort of confrontational. I should probably edit it. It was meant to sound funny. Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
delilah
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby cuznt » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:10 am

thats cool. i was not being accusing or any such thing.
cuznt
Keith
Keith

Postby deadguise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:01 pm

(You were right about most guys)....welcome to the forum.
deadguise

Postby deadguise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:03 pm

(You were right about most guys)....welcome to the forum.
deadguise

Return to Introductions