Hello

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:20 pm

My grandfather Fred Otto Wright was born in Masillon, OH (sp?) in 1900. However I don't think I'm closely related to those famous Ohio Wrights.

I am related to Britney Spears though!! She's like my 9th cousin or so... :roll:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby strumminsix » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:30 pm

tigerstrat wrote:I am related to Britney Spears though!! She's like my 9th cousin or so... :roll:

That should be in the "you'd question my headiness thread" :lol:
strumminsix

Postby Django » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:32 pm

Hello all, I'm Django, but not that you'd know it from my playin'. I've posted before but I guess it's time to make my introductions and say Howdy.
Big fan of roots rock and americana (even when it's played by Brits). Deadhead since junior high in the early, early 70's. I play a strat and ernie ball axis sport and played in a jamband here in Omaha in the 80's. I draw and paint, at one time as a job, but now I am shackled to a computer and cubicle.
Been to a Rainbow Gathering and toured briefly in the summers when the Dead did their midwest swing.
I don't get to play out anymore, mostly jam to recordings in my basement. Miss the interaction with other players. Been digging the site for a long time for tabs and recently for just talkin' to ya all.
Django
Bobby
Bobby

Re: Hello

Postby Mick » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:45 pm

mikenohio wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just joined today... i found RUKind before i even picked up a guitar for the first time in 1999. Far and away the number one influence on my playing.

I just purchased a Schechter C-1 Classic, and play it through a Hot Rod Deluxe. I also play a Seagull acoustic when i don't want to wake the kids...

Big thanks to the Admins and contributors for helping me develop a new (and favorite) hobby!!

We must have similar tastes in guitars. I have a Schecter C-1 Elite. Also, when I bought my acoustic, I wanted a Seagull model (I forget which), but the one they had at the store had a bad nut and they wouldn't change it for me (why? I don't know.). My daughter talked me into a CF Martin instead. Great guitar, but it cost me an incremental $250!!!
Mick
Jerry
Jerry

Postby krzykat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Welcome here
krzykat

Previous

Return to Introductions