Another shout out from the Carolinas

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Another shout out from the Carolinas

Postby drdead » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 am

Hey all-
Another shout out from Raleigh. Play here locally with a dead tribute band here for the past 2 years. have been playing guitar for awhile but seriously(ie break out the guitar almost every day) over the last few years. Still green when it comes to gear. Have 2 electrics 1971 gibson sg as well as gibson es 339, and a couple of acoustics, alvaraez yairi wy1bw and a custom built dreadnought from jay dickinson at portland guitars( www.portlandguitar.com/JMC1.2.22.1.html ). Currently play through a fender deluxe reverb with a tonetubby alnico hemp cone speaker(and after reading the forums now not sure why i didn't get a jbl :? ) and line 6 m9(anyone know how to get some decent tones out would love to hear from you), and earth drive pedal( WOW!) . Need some serious work and education on gear as have been acoustic player most of my life. Tended to be a huge bobby fan, love his unique way of chord voicings, rhythm work, always sat on the philside at shows to hear bobby clear. First show was Garden 87(good lovin>la bamba>good lovin), and about 60 shows until the end. Looking forward to pickin' your minds!
J
drdead
bruce
bruce

Re: Another shout out from the Carolinas

Postby tcsned » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 am

Welcome aboard! I'm just up the road a ways in Blacksburg, VA. I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the Earth Drive - WOW! If you ever need a bass player, one of our former bassists lives in the areas (works for SAS in Cary) . . . when he's not out on the ocean trying to catch fish. He's a great Dead bassist.
tcsned

Postby Staemius » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Welcome - I'm in Asheville. I love my M9 and another poster here (Jon S.) has posted some of his settings.
Staemius
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby paulinnc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Welcome, I am in the Chapel Hill/Durham area.
paulinnc

Return to Introductions