My latest guitar

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

My latest guitar

Postby jackr » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 am

It pays to be a guitar dealer. I traded a Breedlove acoustic for this mint 1993 Parker Fly Deluxe.

At first I wasnt crazy about the body style but it grew on me. I love the piezo pick up and the fact it is stereo ( although I am not using the stereo in my gig).

I am so used to playing my 10 pound Warren Haynes Les Paul but this thing kicks ass. It weighs only 4.5 pounds and plays great!. I am gigging with it for the first time on Sunday.

I know that strummin had one but didnt bond with his but I seem to be bonding with mine. I know my back appreciates it.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Re: My latest guitar

Postby jeffm725 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 am

People freak out over the body style and the unconventionality of it all, but those Parker guitars are EXCELLENT, insanely well made instruments. They are incredibly versatile guitars with sounds ranging from the best acoustic mimic I have heard out of an electric, to the ability to play searing heavy metal.
I don't own one anymore, but one passed through my revolving gear door a few years back, and I have nothing bad to say about those guitars. Nice Pick-up
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Cmnaround » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:58 am

Score! After about 3 or 4 years of considering a Parker Fly I finally picked up a 1994 hardtail Deluxe with a textured stealth finish. 24 frets, custom wound Dimarzios, Fishman piezo and crazy super thin and lightweight. The carbon-glass fiber neck is amazingly smooth. Sounds pretty good too. Anyone considering a new guitar may want to check out the pre-refined Flys - really fun to hold and play.

Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby jackr » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 am

Sweet. I havent played mine in about 6 months. I have been playing my warren haynes less paul but after seeing your post i will break it back out because i do love it. It has a great sound and light and really easy to play. Thanks for posting that.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Return to Everything Else