Hard Truckers Junction box

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Hard Truckers Junction box

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 pm

I have a resurrection bolt with effects loop and have been using a Kindcables Y cable and found the Hard Truckers SP-1 "Y" junction box on-line just wondering if anyone had one and what they think of it. Thanks. Have a Grateful New Years
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby waldo041 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:02 pm

"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

Making my own would be cool but i don't think i am capable of it i'm no electrician although my wifes father is?????. Thanks for the tips and info though Waldo
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm

I'll make you one. I'm in Williamsville. Let me know if you want it. ~MJH
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby deadguise » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 pm

I got one, works great but way over-priced. I opened it up and there's nothing magical about it, just high quality parts and pro soldering. It's a nice conversation piece on the pedal board.
deadguise

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:22 pm

HOGAN thanks for your reply. I would love it if you built me a pedal. I take it you live in Williamsville N.Y. If you could give me some contact information and i will get a hold of you soon. Thanks tons..
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby waldo041 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:41 pm

deadguise,

is it similiar to the layout i made?
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/w ... nction.jpg

any chance of an inside pic?

i am interested, because jerrys junction was actually inside his FX Switcher. he didn't use an external box for the junction. so i would really love to see what justify's the price.

pm me if need be.

thanks.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 pm

waldo041 wrote:deadguise,

is it similiar to the layout i made?
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/w ... nction.jpg

so i would really love to see what justify's the price.

pm me if need be.

thanks.

peace,
waldo

You already know nothing really justifies the price other than the notion that it's a Hard Trucker product. What is it, 6 solder joints? You would have to be a real hack to make that look unprofessional. More power to them if somebody is willing to pay. Just be thankful you know better, right? ~MJH
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Laytonco » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Hey, very good points madce here on both sides. Me? I don't make Sh**. I bought mine from Hardtruckers. Solid. Reliable. Indestructable. plus, it has a really good paint job. Hardtruckers all the way for us folks who need stuff done for us.

Peace,

Gil
Laytonco

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:38 pm

My post above was not meant as a jab at anyone who pays top dollar for something, though it did come off that way. I pointed out, power to Hd for getting what they're asking, I should have said more power to the folks paying what they're asking. You are the ones that have that kind of money to spend and god bless you. ~MJH
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby hogan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:43 pm

SpaceYrface43 wrote:HOGAN thanks for your reply. I would love it if you built me a pedal. I take it you live in Williamsville N.Y. If you could give me some contact information and i will get a hold of you soon. Thanks tons..

check your pm's
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby myoung6923 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Here's a box that I made last year and still use. It's the same as the others that people have mentioned, including the hard truckers one with the exception of a straight through connection. I put this on there so that both of my cables can be the same length and both connect to the same side of the box. I then just run the output of the straight through connector to the amp. It just saves me from having to run one of the cables from my guitar to my effects and the other to the amp - they can both go to my pedal board and get split off from there. Keeps everything nice and neat.

myoung6923

Postby waldo041 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:20 pm

myoung6923 wrote:Here's a box that I made last year and still use. It's the same as the others that people have mentioned, including the hard truckers one with the exception of a straight through connection. I put this on there so that both of my cables can be the same length and both connect to the same side of the box. I then just run the output of the straight through connector to the amp. It just saves me from having to run one of the cables from my guitar to my effects and the other to the amp - they can both go to my pedal board and get split off from there. Keeps everything nice and neat.

i run something very similiar however mine is in a single rack space unit. also mine incorporates a splitter box like jerry did completely isolating from the signal chain a line to the tuner when tuning.

here is that layout.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/w ... litter.jpg

put together with the junction layout and it is just like yours only in a rack unit and a splitter for the straight thru signal.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:40 am

I also have a Hard Truckers Y-junction box (and love it), mainly because I don't know how to do that stuff myself, but after looking at your diagrams, I am surprised at how EASY it looks. I may actually try buying those components that Waldo posted just to see if I can build one myself - who knows, could be very educational. But from the sound of it, the HT box IS way overpriced. Oh well....live and learn.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Re: Hard Truckers Junction box

Postby boater1941 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I've seen on some store sites they call it a looper. I just recently built an 80's style shelving unit with upper and lower rack rails and a huge shelf and a big space on top. Next I need to built a real bar . You know one the only injects the pedals in use into your fx loop trubypassing all the other pedals in the chain that aren't in use. Needed is a nice power bar shaped project bar. As many as u need 2p3t stomp switches...3rd pole for led to see injected pedal.
boater1941
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Next

Return to Everything Else