When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Who Knows about Perpetual Groove here?

Postby spacehead333 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:08 am

How many people know about the amazing perpetual groove
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby AugustWest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:36 am

One of my best friends is related (cousin?) to a member of p-groove. So I heard them very early on in their playing. Heard their first demo and thought it was awful, it sounded like bad video game music. He made me go see them live and I was really impressed. It's still hard for me to believe that they are a national touring band that everyone knows now. I mean they are good, but I've heard tons of local artist in a lot of different areas do the same thing they do. A lot of them are better. I do have to admit, I went to see them a year ago and they have really started to mature musicly but the uncountable number of frat/jam kids kinda ruined the show for me. I think I'm getting old.
AugustWest
Bobby
Bobby

Postby jahozer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:17 am

I dig 'em!
They are a national act because they tour. Other bands for whatever reason, (school, families, career, drive, whatever)
cant commit to driving across the country in a van for very little money.
Good for them. I think they deserve all the success they get.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Hajimemashite!!! » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 am

I never really saw anything special in their music.
Not bad tho
Hajimemashite!!!
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby mttourpro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:34 am

Never saw them myself, but I have a very good buddy from my hometown who now resides in NC who became their soundman for their last west coast tour. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but he's no longer their soundguy. He did turn me on to a couple of rather well recorded and tightly played sets he made while he was working for them. I'll be sure to try and catch their set at AllGood.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Return to Everything Else