I'm having a baby

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby d-v-s » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:08 am

chubbypony wrote: I understand my whole world will be turned upside down but I believe i am in a lot better place then most teenage fathers.

all I can say is good luck with the whole thing - pregnancy, birth, and baby. if u need any advice from new fathers, it looks like we have a few in the forum, and I can only speak for myself, but feel free to PM any time if you have any questions.

One bit of advice that I got on names: once you choose a name that you and your girlfriend like, don't tell anybody the name. If you tell 5 people a name, 1 person is sure to criticize it and then you'll start to doubt it. Pick it, and keep it to yourself.
d-v-s
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby jackr » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:13 am

Just wanted to say congrats and good luck. I have no opionion on names for you.

Fatherhood is terrific. It is demanding and will force you to grow up quickly but it is rewarding. Your live does change but that is only a negative or positive thing depending on your attitude.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby broomhead » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:32 am

kindergarten might be tough for a young skydog... :lol: Two months ago you needed help on how to clean your pipe :D now your having a baby. You've come a long way, young jedi..Wow.

No matter what choices you guys make your lives will change drastically. To be responsible for another life is really an enormous responsibility. However, to be called daddy and to love and be loved so much is phenomenal. As someone who tried just about everything and thought he'd felt everything there was that moment when my daughters were born that was just mind blowing.

I wish both of you Health, wealth and happiness.
Sincerely, joe
broomhead
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:49 am

i dont know man.... im only 18 myself and i could never see myself with a kid, im way too irresponsible, self destructive, and it would be so much effort just getting my own shit together....

but thats just me, good luck to you man
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Erictw83 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:21 am

I applaud your maturity and fortitude chubbypony. I'm 23 and I consider myself and my life pretty well together for... my age. Even so the mere thought of myself having kids is well enough to scare the pants right back on me. Many congratulations, good luck.
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Postby mikenohio » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 am

I'm disappointed in you guys. No one commented on my "sly" GD reference... LOL

Keira Celeste (last name Jones)

K.C. Jones
mikenohio
tiger
tiger

Postby AugustWest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 am

Should have been delilah jones. That give you a great chance at having a lot of grandkids.
AugustWest
Bobby
Bobby

Postby JONZILLA » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:49 am

I'm 23 and my girlfriend is... well... late. I dunno what's up yet but I'm just glad I've had my career in order for 2 years now (engineer). At least I've got funds (if it does turn out I'm a dad). I wish you the best of luck chubbypony and look forward to hearing of little chubbypony soon. I guess it is mating season for humans after all.
phriend or foe...who'll ever know?
JONZILLA
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby JONZILLA » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:51 am

Oh, and on names... I like Hunter for a boy and Sicilia (sp?) for a girl.
phriend or foe...who'll ever know?
JONZILLA
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Previous

Return to Everything Else