SCORE!!!

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

SCORE!!!

Postby d-v-s » Mon May 28, 2007 6:00 am

I've been living in Turkey for the past 6 years, it's impossible to find any GD stuff here at all. :? This weekend, I was browsing the local mall and saw that they had this new collection of DVD's there, all very generic looking from a company called "All Stars". They had DVD's ranging from Sinatra to the Stones, to Madonna. I decided to dig a little deeper, and found that they had a Grateful Dead DVD!!! :shock:

The name of the DVD is Bird Song, and I haven't been able to find too much info on it on the net. think it was only released in Europe. There's 13 tracks, from what looks like 3 different shows, all from the Brent era. The playlist goes like this:

Bird Song :smile: , Esau, On the Road Again, Far From Me, Ripple, When Push Comes to Shove :smile: , Me & My Uncle > Mexicali Blues :smile: , NFA :smile: , Iko Iko :smile: , Tons of Steel, Ramble on Rose, West LA :smile: , Still Alive.

OK - not my favorite tracks, but beggars can't be choosers. this is like finding a bag of chaff in your your jacket pocket. it may not be the kind, but it gets the job done. :lol:
d-v-s
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon May 28, 2007 9:56 am

dude thats sweet!i imagine it would be tuff to find rock n roll over there. you should put up some pics of Turkey. Izmir is on the northwest coast below Istanbul right?
LazyLightnin

Postby BuddhaG » Tue May 29, 2007 9:58 am

thats sweet dude - a diamond in the rough.

i dont know if you like punk rock at all but there is a pretty good band from Istanbul that was around in the 80's called Stiff Little Fingers. Pretty generic punk but they've got soul and at least they were doing it before that whole style of music started getting flogged liked a dead horse a decade later...

and yeah, post some pics, we want Eye Candy!
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby nicolasalk » Tue May 29, 2007 1:19 pm

i understand you, i live in Chile

Here there is nothing of grateful dead more than two Cds i've seen in all my life wich are

History of Grateful Dead Bear's choice, which they sell here thinking it is a greatest hits :lol:

and the very best of the grateful dead which is indeed a greatest hits
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Shaggy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:16 pm

The song list sounds familiar, I think I've owned that dvd at one point. I think it was put together in Germany, if I remember right it's a combination of Dead Ahead and something else.
Shaggy

Postby LazyLightnin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:06 pm

johnny rotten headed stiff little fingers.
LazyLightnin

Postby G'Dad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:53 am

Have seen that DVD advertised on Amazon UK but again there was very little information. I know a bit more now - thanks

Living in France I tend to order any CD/DVD over the net but was once at a local ‘vide grenier’ which I think is a garage sale in the USA and found a copy of Garcia and Grisman Shady Grove for 1 euro which I think is less than a dollar.

Keep digging folks you never know what gems await.
G'Dad
Keith
Keith

Postby G'Dad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:58 am

By the way I think SLF are from Belfast and led by Jake Burns. Think They are still around.
G'Dad
Keith
Keith

Return to Everything Else