DVD's

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

DVD's

Postby amyjared » Wed May 09, 2007 8:32 am

Just rented two DVD's and thought I would share:

Yes live at Montreaux. This was great. The classic Yes lineup with Wakeman, Anderson, White, Squire and Howe and man, the song selection was great, the camera work was good (by that I mean they have plenty of close ups of Howe playing guitar and his fretwork!!) and even though they're looking pretty old and scary, they still are sooooo tight. It was great watching this. I was blown away. They really were an incredibly talented bunch and even the vocals sound great. Close your eyes and you can't tell what year it is.

Neil Young at Massey Hall. Totally disappointed in the dvd. The quality was decent and the camera work was poor. They often cut to scenes of Neil at home that I already had on some bootleg DVD from Germany. That being said, the performance was incredible. It almost brought me to tears. His voice is at it's peak and the songs are beautiful. I went out and bought the thing just to have the cd, the video was a big waste.
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Benthegoodbum » Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 am

I recently purchased Johnny Cash live at Montreaux and I really enjoyed it. It was the first time I had heard the song Delia and I instantly fell in love with it. I also picked up Dylan's Don't Look Back and I recognized a part in it that I saw in the movie Bob Roberts. Dylan is talking to a rich socialite lady and her sons are in the background just gawking...it was hilarious to see that put into a movie so many years down the road.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby chubbypony » Thu May 10, 2007 6:58 pm

im a huge fan of the massey hall neil young dvd but i do believe it is kinda weird, but that version of ohio takes my breathe away
chubbypony
TC
TC

Postby grateful4booze » Fri May 11, 2007 5:49 pm

Does the Yes Montreaux dvd have Heart of the Sunrise on it?
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."
- Pete Green
grateful4booze
Mickey
Mickey

Postby ebick » Fri May 11, 2007 6:40 pm

grateful4booze wrote:Does the Yes Montreaux dvd have Heart of the Sunrise on it?

Yes it does.....just added it to my Netflix Queue. Thanks for the reccommendation amyjared........

Ed Bick = Hardcore Yes fan.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby grateful4booze » Sat May 12, 2007 12:24 pm

If you are a hardcore Yes fan, do you know if they will ever remaster the Yessongs movie? Also, is the Yes Tsgongas dvd any good?
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."
- Pete Green
grateful4booze
Mickey
Mickey

Postby ebick » Sat May 12, 2007 3:08 pm

I don't know about Yessongs.....that classic was my introduction to them, and then I saw them for the first time in '77, Going For The One Tour.

Not a whole lot happening in YesWorld these days.

AFA Tsongas, it's been a while since I watched it, but as I remember, yes, it was good. The music certainly was. Would you like to check it out? Send me a PM.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby bodiddley » Sat May 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Thanks for the YES review...been thinking about pickin that one up someday. RUSH30 is also on my short list. Can't wait to see those boys again this Summer for like the seventh time.
bodiddley

Return to Everything Else