Grateful Garcia Gathering 2007

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Grateful Garcia Gathering 2007

Postby The 3G's » Sun May 06, 2007 10:09 am

Welcome all you Deadheads, Hippies, and kind folks to this Grateful place, where Garcia fans will be Gathering!

The "Grateful Garicia Gathering" will be returning back to the natural surroundings of "Camp NCN" on August 2nd through the 5th 2007, in beautiful Black River Falls Wisconsin. This annual mellow gathering will be our 7th in a celebration of Jerry Garcia's 65th Birthday, plus the 12th Annivesary of Jerrys untimely passing. This is going to be a very deeply humble, and special time for camping and gathering with friends of old and new! Each band we have performing at the 3G's performes their own originals, plus 1 to 3 cover songs by the Grateful Dead / Jerry Garcia Band.

~Donna Jean and the Tricksters~

The Grateful Dead's Donna Jean Godchaux-MacKay, Mookie Siegel of the David Nelson Band (and formerly a member of both Phil & Friends and Ratdog), Wendy Lanter of Hope in Time, and Jeff Mattson, Tom Circosta, Klyph Black and Dave Diamond, all of the The Zen Tricksters, now create music together as Donna Jean and the Tricksters. Thrilling and surprising audiences with a unique mix that spans a variety of musical genres, Kettle Joe's showcases both the extraordinary musicianship and amazing songwriting craft of its members. The band displays astonishing mastery of "the jam," and possesses uncommon vocal prowess. All seven band members sing well, and they achieve deeply rich textures and harmonies throughout their repertoire. These incredible and highly regarded musicians have made this band a full-time musical vehicle, and continue to perform a growing catalog of original material, contributed (and increasingly co-written) by its various members, along with some truly choice covers.
Donna Jean recently said she is "thrilled and honored to be creating and performing music with such an immensely talented group of artists. This is my dream come true, and I think we'll be doing this for a long time to come. It's just way too much fun not to!"

~MoonAlice~

MoonAlice, is a powerful and talented bunch of musicians many of you have seen and heard jamming thoughout the jamband scene! This new band will be opening for "Donna Jean and The Tricksters", featuring Roger & Ann McNamee, Barry Sless (pedal steel and lead guitarist from the David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh and Friends, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz, The Rowan Brothers [Peter, Lorin & Chris]), Pete Sears (Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker, Steve Kimock, Jerry Garcia), G.E. Smith, Jimmy Sanchez (Dr. John, Roy Rogers, Bonnie Raitt, Maria Muldaur, Tom Waits, Boz Scaggs). Lots of musical talent in this band!

~Boris Garcia~

During my 25 years with Grateful Dead Productions, I listened to a lot of jamming, both electric and acoustic. Recently, though I still work with Bob Weir, I've been approached by a fair number of bands to help them, and have usually not been moved enough by the music to say yes - until I heard Boris Garcia. They fuse a bluegrass/country/folk sound with a jazzy rock improvisation mode and really excellent songwriting. Some say it reminds them of Tom Petty, others of old Byrds. Either way, I like them, and want to share them with my larger family. So here y'are! Dennis McNally.

Tickets On Sale, On-Line Now!

http://GratefulGarciaGathering.com
The 3G's
welcome
welcome

Return to Everything Else