Wakarusa 07

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Wakarusa 07

Postby jck_strw » Sat May 05, 2007 7:06 pm

Anyone going? Moving to CO allows me to have a reasonable chance to attend, so I'm going this year. Lineup looks great--RailRoad Earth, The Avett Brothers, New Monsoon, The Lee Boys and Perpetual Groove are some of the lesser known bands I'm looking forward to seeing.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby phreaker » Sun May 06, 2007 8:39 am

I'm so glad someone brought this up! You have probably heard some of the horror stories from years past, but it's basically a garuntee that there will be no more checkpoints or roadstops on the way into the festival, no more cops prowling campgrounds, and no more hidden cameras. people are coming for the music, and that's it. it will be a blast this year. i could tell you everything about it, or you could join the wakarusa forums. it's a very active message board and lots of chill people get on it from around the country. all your questions will be answered there.
phreaker

Postby pharewellphish » Sun May 06, 2007 3:17 pm

see you guys there. im pumped
pharewellphish
Brent
Brent

Postby lostsailor8782 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:07 pm

phreaker wrote:I'm so glad someone brought this up! You have probably heard some of the horror stories from years past, but it's basically a garuntee that there will be no more checkpoints or roadstops on the way into the festival, no more cops prowling campgrounds, and no more hidden cameras. people are coming for the music, and that's it. it will be a blast this year. i could tell you everything about it, or you could join the wakarusa forums. it's a very active message board and lots of chill people get on it from around the country. all your questions will be answered there.

Road stops and check points? What the ... when was this ... this is my first year going to Wakarusa but I am not interested in a concentration camp ... whats up ?
I only smoke it when I am awake... I promise
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

Postby jck_strw » Mon May 07, 2007 1:48 pm

lostsailor8782 wrote:
phreaker wrote:I'm so glad someone brought this up! You have probably heard some of the horror stories from years past, but it's basically a garuntee that there will be no more checkpoints or roadstops on the way into the festival, no more cops prowling campgrounds, and no more hidden cameras. people are coming for the music, and that's it. it will be a blast this year. i could tell you everything about it, or you could join the wakarusa forums. it's a very active message board and lots of chill people get on it from around the country. all your questions will be answered there.

Road stops and check points? What the ... when was this ... this is my first year going to Wakarusa but I am not interested in a concentration camp ... whats up ?

That was last year's experience. Totally over-the-top, gestapo like actions. Night scopes, infrared devices, special surveillance equipment brought in last year just for the festival. They were busting people who were (safely) ensconced in their tents. Bullshit of the highest order.
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby phreaker » Mon May 07, 2007 5:31 pm

the 2006 festival was a perfect example of why we should have a more libertarian government, but i dont want to get into politics.

most people at the fest last year said they had a great time. people were going nuts for the longest time afterwords, and then word of this got out, and it lost many supporters. the promoters and organizers of the fest had no idea what was going on security wise. since the land is owned by the state, the state deals with the security, not the organizers.

the promoters and organizers are VERY chill people, and basically are the same types of people you would regularly find at a festival. they are assuring everyone that none of that would happen again. the ONLY way the same things could be repeated is if the state spent 250,000 bucks on equipment, since everything last year was from a free demo from a company in california. there are bigger fish to catch with a quarter mill.

ive been going since it started, and i have faith in it. most people have faith in it again. ticket sales are on par with last years, which had more people than the two before it.
phreaker

Postby jck_strw » Tue May 15, 2007 7:59 am

I got my ticket yesterday. Let the good times roll...

Anyone take a look at the schedule? Gonna be some late, late nights.
-----
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby phreaker » Tue May 15, 2007 8:05 pm

It's a crazy feeling you get when you're jamming to some crazy band like New Monsoon, and an hour into their set you notice the sun start rising.

this fest is gonna be cRaZy
phreaker

Return to Everything Else