Bay Area High Schools

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Bay Area High Schools

Postby Pigpen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:37 pm

Well this summer i moved to the Bay Area from San Diego i thought cool i get to be near jerrys house :o .Well i live about 30 mins from San Fransisco which is cool BUT im in Palo Alto (which i also thought would be cool because they grew up around here) its not working out for me at all. The kids ive met i have not liked at all.. same with my brother. So for a while weve been trying to transfer schools, Gunn is full, Mtn View doesnt accept outside transfers. So you see the problem. I made this to ask anyone in the area if they can reccomend ANY high school around here im not too familiar with them. Thanks a lot
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby jck_strw » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:28 pm

I have no idea on the Bay Area. But I did find this:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/U_S__Stat ... h_Schools/

There's 118 public schools and 50+ private schools. Maybe this will help.

Good luck, but remember--you're not supposed to like HS. It sucks ass. Get out as quickly as possible. :)
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby Pigpen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:59 pm

haha thanks a lot, ive been told that by a lot of people. The list really helps, oh ya if there was a vote for most helpful person on the site id vote for you :o youve helped me and many other people a lot. thanks!
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:32 pm

Well, I can help with music. Ha...not like you need it where you live and all!

But seriously, check out The Flip Squad. You won't be dissapointed. I promise.

www.theflipsquad.com

www.myspace.com/theflipsquad

:cool: :D :smile: :wink: :hail: :cheers: :drink: :hd: :idea: :peas: :thewave:
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Re: Bay Area High Schools

Postby jjbankhead » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Pigpen wrote:Well this summer i moved to the Bay Area from San Diego i thought cool i get to be near jerrys house :o .Well i live about 30 mins from San Fransisco which is cool BUT im in Palo Alto (which i also thought would be cool because they grew up around here) its not working out for me at all. The kids ive met i have not liked at all.. same with my brother. So for a while weve been trying to transfer schools, Gunn is full, Mtn View doesnt accept outside transfers. So you see the problem. I made this to ask anyone in the area if they can reccomend ANY high school around here im not too familiar with them. Thanks a lot

i dont know where you live but east PA is a rough area. depending on how well you blend in you could have a great time or a terrible time there....

PA is either an upscale yuppy town/college town or a complete ghetto (see the east side)

if i were you just look for cool places to hang out outside of High school and remember the world was a very different place in the mid 60s when jerry and the dead lived in that area...

there is the cal trans train which will get you to SF rather inexpensively or you can find your way out to berkely and oakland (downtown and bordering berkely on the west side) and find some cool stuff to do.

good luck and give it some time. i lived in and around the east bay as a kid and we had AC transit and BART which made for ease of travel to fun... the peninsula i am not so familiar with...
jjbankhead
Mickey
Mickey

Postby caspersvapors » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 pm

Id say avoid the public schools in the East Bay because its full of ghetto-wannabe kids (it improves as you move south away from Oakland, where you steadily increase in asians and mexicans.) I went to Highschool at Bellarmine in San Jose, which is a private school, so I know more about that stuff. Id say try to transfer to a private school if youre parents are willing lol elitist. If youre gonna stick w/ a public school Id definitely venture North before venturing South

If youre asian transfer to cupertino and you'll fit right in lol
caspersvapors

Postby Pigpen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:16 pm

haha well thanks for the replies, im runnng out of options which is the problem. Almost Every public school ive checked out 20 mins from me wont let out of district transfers in so... I cant afford private, and im in the yuppy stanford part which is why i dont like it. Kinda a cycle of badness i guess ill have to keep lookin. Im not asain btw and Cupertino wont let me in :( . Thanks
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby mutant_dan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:27 am

I think there is a Waldorf school in Palo Alto. They might have a high school. I know there is one in SF.

Waldorf is a very cool educational option for a young deadhead. You will never find a more open minded bunch of young adults than those who attend a Waldorf school.

If you can find a Walforf charter in your area it would be government funded. Otherwise, you can get a scholarship for the private Waldorf school.
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Return to Everything Else