Got my temps!

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Got my temps!

Postby BigJilm » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 pm

I finally went out to the dmv and got my temporary permit today. Im so happy to finally get started driving, it just opens up so many doors to freedom, which i crave more than anything else in the world
BigJilm
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby jck_strw » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Congrats. I just got my CO driver's license the other day. No test or nothing. Just turn in the NC one and away I went.

When I first got my license I would drive around all the time listening to Like A Rolling Stone. I always think back to all those pointless trips I took up and down 295 in NJ when I hear that song.

Enjoy, but don't be stupid. :)
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby Benthegoodbum » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am

I just got my license back in August after having my permit for about a year. I wasn't really one of those people who have a need to drive...I just said meh, might as well get it. Now that I've my license for a while I do enjoy driving a lot.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby ronster » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:57 pm

OMFG
My daughter has her license and daughter #2 is just getting her learners permit. I need a nap.
ronster
Bobby
Bobby

Driving

Postby revned_04 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm

As awesome as it is to drive, DONT DRIVE HIGH. Right after i got my license i was, got in a wreck and that was hell. As awesome as it is, just wait till u get home. On the bright side though, CO 50s are pretty cool, but still dont rick it.
revned_04
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby amyjared » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:42 am

ROADTRIP!!!!

I got my license ON my 16th birthday and have been driving ever since. There's nothing better than being on the road, awesome tunes on the stereo, the wind in your hair and a destination of Furthur! Neal knew the lure of the road and I hope you will, too. Just remember that you will need to keep learning. There are good drivers and there are bad. The bad ones stopped learning once they got their license and the good ones kept on. Know as much about driving as you do about the Dead. Sorry to preach, but I drive a lot and prefer people know how to drive. Having been to all the states, I would say that Colorado has some of the most courteous drivers in the country.

"Lord, let me drive again
I feel alive again." -Steelyard Blues
(an incredible movie soundtrack with Nick Gravenites, Paul Butterfield, Mike Bloomfield and Maria Muldaur and the movie ain't half bad!)
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby mutant_dan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:05 am

I grew up in a farming community in Kansas. You can get a restricted license at 14. Imagine driving to and from school when you are in 8th grade.
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Return to Everything Else