Trippiest Movies

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 pm

devil, somehow The Trip (1967, dir Roger Corman[!! :shock:]) starring Peter Fonda and Bruce Dern didn't make it into the updated list. I believe this may have been the very first feature film dramatizing LSD use!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby devil » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:07 pm

tigerstrat wrote:devil, somehow The Trip (1967, dir Roger Corman[!! :shock:]) starring Peter Fonda and Bruce Dern didn't make it into the updated list. I believe this may have been the very first feature film dramatizing LSD use!

Meerly an oversight, I will add it and others. Once I get enough I want to widdle the list down to a top 100 or 50 depending on how many I get but I haven't seen half of the movies yet.

It'll be a top 200 list since it is already over 200 movies.

I saw Roger Corman on 'Dinner for Five' talking about making The Trip and him taking Acid for the first (and last?) time. He's a really interesting guy.
devil
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:04 pm

devil wrote:I saw Roger Corman on 'Dinner for Five' talking about making The Trip and him taking Acid for the first (and last?) time. He's a really interesting guy.

Corman's also been prime fodder for the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys!!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:00 am

a movie a accidentaly caught on amc while i was trippin on shrooms called "altered states.

it was about some scientist that created an experimental psychedelic, tested it on himself and the entire movie was through the eyes of his trip, it was insane
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:10 am

also "videodrome" was trippy as hell
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen