Fender Nashville Power Telecaster

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Fender Nashville Power Telecaster

Postby mutant_dan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:05 am

I have the chance to trade off a mandolin for some used equipment. One of the pieces that will come across in the trade is a Fender Nashville Power Telecaster.

This tele really has me scratching my head. It has the normal tele setup plus a middle strat tex-mex pickup and a fishman bridge pickup. It is set up stereo so you can feed the fishman and whatever other pup combo to two seperate amps/loops.

Granted it is made in Mexico but I have pretty much dropped that old tired American made thing when it comes to Fender products.

I am going to go check it out this afternoon. Has anyone ever played one of these guitars?
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Nice

Postby Laytonco » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 am

I just checked out some pics and descriptions of it. Looks very versatile. I also saw a recent winning bid on one made in Mex and it went for $432.00. Teles are great and this middle pickup would give you a thicker tone. Good luck!
Laytonco

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:16 pm

The ironic thing is that a lot of the oldest, most valuable and highly collectible Fender gear of the 50's & 60's was built in California by Fender employees who were Mexican immigrants.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby spdolan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:44 pm

I built a similar guitar, based in part on the Nashville Power, and in part on Garcia's Wolf. Didnt use the fishman bridge, but put a Duncan 5-2 Alnico Tele Rhythm in the neck slot, a Duncan Cool Rails in the middle, and a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. Lots of juice, lots of tone. You might want to think about a custom wiring setup to really let you play around with the tonality, but all the best luck to you.

Dolan
spdolan
rukind?
rukind?

Postby DudeWithTheFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I own one and i will never EVER let this thing go. Even if i can afford a Ressurection Bolt someday, i still wont stop playing it.
DudeWithTheFan
Rosebud
Rosebud

Return to Everything Else