Favorite Fast Food

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby shakedown_04092 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:34 am

I'm hungry....

We do have a sweet iconic place called Harmon's Hamburgers over in Falmouth, ME that is to die for. Literally. Awesome burgers and fries, homemade to boot.

There is a place here in Portland called Vivian's, or Viv's, and I used to be a staple there for their burgers and chocolate fraps (oh how I miss them), until one day when I went in and paid and the same lady (who, no joke, looked like she had just walked out of the methodone clinic) that took my money was also wrapping up my burgers, putting her hands all over them. I draw the line there. Money is one of the most dirtiest things out there and when it comes to my food being handled, I expect proper methods to be used. That's another reason that I don't eat at the "chain" fast food places - I've seen too many things that make me want to gag. Cleaniness and food are a MUST!

"Harumph.....harumph......harumph....."

"Hey, that guy didn't give me a harumph!"

"Give the Governor a harumph!"

"Harumph, harumph!"

"You watch your ass!"
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby groovemongrel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:47 am

I'd probably pick KFC.
groovemongrel
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby amyjared » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:55 am

Sorry, but nobody had posted anything negative about fast food yet and I just couldn't resist.

Not quite true. In my previous post, I said the only thing they were good for is clean restrooms! I haven't eaten at a fast food restaurant in over 20 years and that includes fries and shakes. I usually eat pretty healthy, little or no meat, lots of fresh veges and as organic as often as I can. Fast food isn't actually "food". I reserve much of my money these days for good restaurants, but even in my tour days, we would drive hours before a show to find a restaurant that catered to high class vegetarians. Now, I know from seeing the other posts that I'm totally in the minority on this one, but needed to speak my peas...
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby mttourpro » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:55 pm

As far as "fast food" and universal availability, it has to be WENDY'S----much more like real food than most others---hands down.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby confusions_prince » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:23 pm

spilly wrote:you guys are missing out here in Buffalo we have a chain called Mighty Taco and it puts Taco Bell the shame

Pffft. La Victoria in San Jose puts every other taco place to shame.
"More then ever, the world needs love and the Grateful Dead!" -Vince
confusions_prince
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby phpbb » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:34 pm

amyjared wrote: Now, I know from seeing the other posts that I'm totally in the minority on this one, but needed to speak my peas...

Jared -

You have a V.G. Burgers out there yet?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/o ... 29,00.html

http://www.vgburgers.com/

Crazy thing about this place is that the food's clean but the bathrooms are horrible!
phpbb

Postby amyjared » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Jared -

Not yet. Never heard of one until this. Maybe I should see about a franchise buy and open my own? New career move! :cool: Thanks!
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Django » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:41 am

I like a single beer and a 'big grab' bag of cheetos from the 7-11!
Django
Bobby
Bobby

Postby BayAreaBB » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Hey Confusions_prince :

I work 1 block from LaVictoria in downtown SJ. They now have 2 locations in downtown. The orange sauce for the burritos (breakfast included) is the best ever. They now sell it by the bottle: $6. I still wonder how they make that damn stuff.

BB.
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Postby jck_strw » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:41 pm

phpbb wrote:
amyjared wrote: Now, I know from seeing the other posts that I'm totally in the minority on this one, but needed to speak my peas...

Jared -

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/o ... 29,00.html

http://www.vgburgers.com/

Crazy thing about this place is that the food's clean but the bathrooms are horrible!

So now that I'm hip to the West and working in Boulder, I decided to try out the VG Burgers today.

I'm not vegetarian in even the remotest sense. In fact, I'm probably on the Vegetarian's Top 10 Most Wanted list because I'm a huge meat freak, but I figured I'd give it a shot. And I have to say, the meal I had was excellent. The burger obviously tastes different, but it was very good. The fries were equally excellent. I was tempted to try a Hemp-Ice Cream shake, but I went with the all-natural Blue Sky soda.

The only downside was that for a burger/l. fries/l. soda it cost me $11.50. A bit pricey, but taste-wise it was excellent. So not only are my tastebuds singing, but the rest of my body is thanking me as well.

Regardless, I'll probably have a steak tonight. ;)
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby weedar » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:18 pm

I hear vegetarian food is quite expensive, kinda weird since
you'd think it would involve less work to get something off the
ground, than raise a cow.

Anyway, my favorite fast-food has to be Burger King double
Whoppers. Don't know why, they're just good, and in the same
breath I have to say that McDonalds sucks so immensely it's
not even funny. Okay, maybe a little funny.

Also, I have started hating fast-food. Everytime I eat it
I feel terrible afterwards, stomach-ache and sloppy. It's like
it sucks all the energy out of me.
weedar
Jester
Jester

Postby noam » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 pm

40 responses and not one mention of IN-N-OUT?!?!? Best damn fast-food chain burger ever. Simple, to-the-point menu. All you've ever needed. Grew up on the stuff.
Of course, now that I live in Philly, I must say that the cheesesteak is one amazing concoction. Not a chain phenomenon, though. They predate them.
noam
welcome
welcome

Postby ker1227 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:54 pm

jeeze, we must not have any southerners in the house.(even though i live in chapel hill, which is luckly one of the most UN-southern places in NC).GO DEMOCRATS!!

1.BOJANGLES chicken and biscuts
2.COOKOUT burger, shakes, and fries
3.pork bbq sandwich(vineger base, not that wussy memphish tomatoe crap), no offense to all tomatoe based lovers
ker1227
Billy
Billy

Postby jdasa » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:02 pm

I'm a radical vegetarian so most fast food places I won't even piss in, but here at the University of Florida, where I'm a grad student, we have the Krishna Lunch.

I know the Krishna's could be kinda cultish out on tour, but the Krishna Lunch is KIND. Different menu Mon.- Fri with rice, beans, veggies, salad, cake and lemonade.

All you can eat for $3. If your ever in Gainesville, must check it out. :P
Listen to the thunder shout...
jdasa
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby BigJilm » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:41 pm

im not trying to sound like an asshole, or diss what some of you stand for, but ive just never understood the reasoning behind being a vegetarian. I get it if its for health or religious purposes, or if you just don't like the taste, but i don't understand why you would be a vegetarian for moral or ethical purposes. I know that the way livestock are treated at places like pork plants are fucking wrong, but its the most natural thing in the world for humans to eat other animals. Just as the lion munches on the antelope, the man snacks on the cheeseburger. It would be far more natural if we all hunted our own meat, but in a highly industrialized and urbanized nation such as the United States, thats just not possible for us to do unless we all go live in the wilderness. I think its a noble cause to try to eliminate the unethical treatment of livestock, but i really don't think thats possible either with the demand being as immensely large as it is. The pork and beef companies dont give a flying fuck whether or not you consume their product, because they know that they will NEVER go broke. Attempting to get everyone to stop eating meat is about as futile as trying to get everyone to stop drinking water. So in the end, it just kind of seems like the only thing you would accomplish is the repression of your natural instincts. Please don't take offense to this post, and i welcome any rebuttal.
BigJilm
Pigpen
Pigpen

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else