Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

Postby spilly » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm

I have officially fallen in love with Buddy Rich.
I've know about him for years due to that fact that my brothers a drummer and he preaches the gospel according to Buddy.
However, it wasn't until recently when I was giving my brother a hard time, that he handed me a few cd's and told me to get high and enjoy. What a ride that was, If you not familiar with him I recomend downloading the tune Mercy, Mercy, Mercy. You'll love ever second of it.

I am a pinball machine, I can tell the difference between my belly button and my navel, ping-pong, pool cue, or a fooseball table.......Moe.
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby mutant_dan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:31 am

I am not sure if it is true but I seem to remember that he would chant 'lamb chop, lamb chop, lamb chop' to keep time while playing..
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Postby spilly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am

I've never heard that, but I'll ask my brother.
seems like a strange thing to do
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:14 pm

I always thought Joe Zawinul wrote Mercyx3? I heard a cool Bob Weir-sung version once, with Nightfood feat. Jaco Pastorius

Anyone ever hear that one stealth recording, made circa 1960's, of Buddy Rich haranguing his band backstage at a gig? He's livid, yelling at each of them in turn, and it's terrifically over-the-top abuse. I also remember him hosting the Muppet Show once.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Return to Everything Else