Suing the Vault

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Suing the Vault

Postby amyjared » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:31 am

Just read in Rolling Stone where the Dead, Zeppelin, Doors and Santana have all gotten a lawsuit against the vault for streaming their live shows. Not sure what's going to come of it, but I love listening to the concerts and appreciate that they're there. Anyhow, it bums me out that they want to shut it down. It's only a show or two for each performer and a good majority of them have been available for many years. I have had cassette tapes of many of the shows. I understand why, but it makes me still bummed about how they want to stop it.

On a side note, there's also a letter to the editor about Bobby wanting to do it and how he put a stop to archives.org, also (I know, it wasn't just him, we've been through that discussion before!) The letter talks about his greed and ends with.."Ratdog, indeed!" Interesting.
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby strumminsix » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 pm

what is the vault?
strumminsix

Postby amyjared » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Bill Graham's vault that was bought and put on line. Check it out. Click on concerts and start listening before it's too late.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby BobbyWeird » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:01 pm

Man! Bummer! I love litening to those shows. What has gotten into Bob?
BobbyWeird
Vince
Vince

Return to Everything Else