"J. Garcia" guitar case on ebay

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

"J. Garcia" guitar case on ebay

Postby tatittle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:34 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jerry-Garcia-Vi ... 3641.l6368

Interesting possibility that hooked me for a look anyway. My guess is definitely not Captain Trips' property, foremost bc it looks like a late 1980's era production. I'm guessing no manufacturer dared to use hot pink color liner before L.A. hair metal bands began imitating Johnny Thunders either lol. Funny how contemporary items look vintage when they are heavily worn. The wear wouldn't really make sense for a Garcia piece either since he obviously used different road guitars. If it was from Northern California I might still hold out hope, alas it is a Bible belt address. Was nice to have the hope of owning a piece of history even if only for a split second. $1000. for a duct taped LP case would be pushing it even if it was Garcia's with provenance. The only thing that suprises me more than the stuff people try to sell on ebay is the stuff some people actually buy!
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Re: "J. Garcia" guitar case on ebay

Postby flyingheelhook » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 am

I can't see how they can even think about asking that price without some sort of verification of authenticity.
flyingheelhook
Bear
Bear

Re: "J. Garcia" guitar case on ebay

Postby tatittle » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:06 am

I think folks list items at ridiculous prices sometimes in hopes someone will buy it almost by accident. Ive searched thru strangers accounts and found people that spend 10's of thousands of dollars per year much of it on overpriced stuff. Maybe thats why people sell used bathrobes and junk like that too. I no longer get suprised at the crap Americans will pay good money for lol.
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Return to Everything Else