Fantasy Football Champion

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:07 am

Well, that leaves me, and I'm going with Jck_Strw's offer of the GD DVD's! Muchos gracias, can't wait to see them! (great gift, btw!)

PS - still have the offer for a "Maine" gift, though not enitrely sure what that is yet. Could be a 6-er of a Maine brew (which are famous for awesome pale ales, btw), or a couple of lobsters that I could ship overnight to someone, or maybe something from LL Bean, etc.....just let me know!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby wisedyes » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Okay, so since I came in 3rd, I guess I get to pick next. How about's a six pack of some good Maine brewski? I hereby certify I am well over 21, and don't much care for IPA or porters.

Let me know, thanks!
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby shakedown_04092 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:46 am

wisedyes wrote:Okay, so since I came in 3rd, I guess I get to pick next. How about's a six pack of some good Maine brewski? I hereby certify I am well over 21, and don't much care for IPA or porters.

Let me know, thanks!

Cool. Do you like regular Pale Ales? Geary's Pale Ale is one of the best I've ever had, and I'm almost inclined to send you a 12-er of that because it's so good. I wish the Summer batch was still around, it was f-ing to die for! :hail: Sooooooo tasty. :drink: If you don't want a Pale Ale, then I can definitely get something else (plenty to choose from), but that's just my recomondation. If no to Pale Ales, I'll get a list of other brews and post them on here for you to choose from. Geez, this is going to be fun! We should trade state beer more often! Whooohoooo!
:cheers:
:hd:

Some other choices off the top of my head:

Ales:
- Geary's Hampshire Special (a strong ale...7% alchohol...thick and tasty!)
- Shipyard Export Ale
- Casco Bay Riptide Red Ale
- Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale (good n'tasty, but it's tough to drink a 6 pack of it)

Seasonal Beer:
- Sebago Slick Nick Ale (Winter brew)
- Casco Bay Old Port Ale
- Shipyard WInter Ale

Stouts:
- Gritty McDuff's Black Fly Stout
- Shipyard Blue Fin Stout

ESB:
- Shipyard Old Thumper Extra Special Ale
- Gritty's Christmas Ale

Wheat Beer/White Beer:
- Allagash White (I don't recommend this though)

As you can see from this brief list, a lot of folks have nothing better to do than brew and drink beer up here in Maine. My personal preference is Geary's, espcially that Hampshire Special, but Shipyard and Casco Bay are pretty decent too. The Blueberry ale is good, but again, tough to drink an entire 6-er without getting sick of the blueberry taste. Maybe I can grab a single of that and throw it in with a 6 pack for ya, just so you can taste it. Either way, let me know.

You can visit some of these sites to get desciptions on some of the beers mentioned here:

http://www.shipyard.com/taste/
http://www.gearybrewing.com/pages/pale.php
http://www.cascobaybrewing.com/beers/home.html
http://www.grittys.com/beers.html
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby jck_strw » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Glad to see this is progressing. Disappointed that I didn't get one of the top spots. :) There's always next season. Or, if there's interest, we can start an MLB fantasy season. Baseball's not really my game, but I'm always up for a work time-waster. ;)

I'm not sure who's who in the football league, so whoever's next to pick, feel free to select. I'll see if I can go back and edit the prize post to reflect what's been taken.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby Others » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:29 pm

I guess Ill pick the the tie-dyes something from wise. I would also like to be in the fantasy baseball league. A good 5x5 league would be a blast. So next in line I guess you get my lame prize. Please not that my show will come with custom CD faces and cases. I have Over 100 GD shows on SBD and many phish of the same. If a show you are interested in isn’t on my list I could get it for you.
Others
welcome
welcome

Postby wisedyes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:14 am

Cool, actually, shakedown, the Gritty's Black Fly stout has come highly recommended to me by a friend, so how about a sixer of that? She used to live in Maine, and I think she wants it for herself, actually.

Ok, Others, just give me the size you need, any colors you may want emphasized, and where to send it. If there is something you'd prefer other than a t-shirt, let me know. Also, let me know between short or long sleeved. Just send me a private message with the info and your address.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby gr8fulbluz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Hey Peeps
had a great time. I look forward to it next year :cool:

-G
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Previous

Return to Everything Else