Trey busted in NY

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Trey busted in NY

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:13 pm

I feel bad for him, and am not one to spread shit like this around or rake someone through the mud, but for those who haven't heard:

http://www.phish.net/

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps ... S/61215008

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story. ... 12/15/2006

Here's a enlarged photo of his mugshot:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/treymug1.html

On a side note, what's weird about his mug shot is that it states his birthday being on 4/13/66....

I thought his birthday was 9/30??? That's when everyone celebrated it (i.e. - the crowd singing "happy birthday" to him at the Vegas show back in 2000???)
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby squire758 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm

it was those damn xanies makin 'em swerve
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby Benthegoodbum » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:15 pm

That is a real bummer and all, hopefully he gets his problem taken care of before he hurts someone or hurts himself.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:10 pm

The mug shot is pretty hilarious though. I love the guy but I don't think this is sad at all. You play you pay. At least he wasn't taking art photos with a little girl.
Last edited by Crazy 9.5 Fingers on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby China Cat » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 pm

it sucks for him, but it was a bad decision. i hope he can clean up to a degree or something. i know ill be making tome FREE TREY shirts this weekend.
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:05 am

He must miss Phish.
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:50 am

HOWEYMAN wrote:He must miss Phish.

I think he misses the innocense of when Phish was Phish, back before the fame hit and it was just 4 guys from VT making music and having fun. Trey really respects Phish and what it was, which is why he chose to back out of it when it got bad. I think he misses that "pressure free" version of Phish, and not so much the mass-conglomerate that it became around 1999-2000, when it all blew up.

Can't blame him, either. But it goes to show you how human these guys are. They're just like you and me, just with a little more talent at what they do.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:44 am

shakedown_04092 wrote:
HOWEYMAN wrote:He must miss Phish.

the mass-conglomerate that it became around 1999-2000, when it all blew up.

More like around the beginning of '95 is when things began to blow up dramatically for them... a lot of clueless non-Phish Phan- (or post-Dead Phish Phan-) Deadheads seem to think Phish got their big break after the Dead were gone, but by spring and summer 95, they were already filling arenas and sheds, nearly on an equal footing as the Dead. I'm pretty sure it was sometime that year give or take that the drugs & alcohol thing took a bad turn.

Then after Jerry departed, the full weight of the leaderless-but-tour-addicted Deadhead horde slammed into the Phish scene, (and pumped $$$ into Phish) which could only exacerbate and entrench the abuse problems in the band.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:14 am

Yea, I kinda meant that comment as a light hearted joke., but I undersatand and agree with what you guys are saying..all the way.
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:01 am

Not directing the 'clueless' comment at anyone here in any general way, just the specific having of a clue that Phish were not made into instant superstars by the death of Jerry... they already had a huge thing going... but the end of the GD did make everything go even more mega-sized for them, faster than it would have I guess.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:56 am

tigerstrat wrote:Not directing the 'clueless' comment at anyone here in any general way, just the specific having of a clue that Phish were not made into instant superstars by the death of Jerry... they already had a huge thing going... but the end of the GD did make everything go even more mega-sized for them, faster than it would have I guess.

I agree with that to a big extent. Ya, know, in the last years of the Grateful Dead, there were a lot of people attending their shows that definately were "clueless" and that is why the Dead expierienced those problems with "fans" (ya know people who would say what's a China/Rider?, lolo) in the latter which didn't for there 25+ years before that.
I can't recall some of the unfortunate events that took place. But, we had to many people going for the wron reasons, with the wrong attitude.
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby BlobWeird » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 pm

I wasnt around, unfortunately, to see any Grateful Dead shows but from what I hear the problems were with gatecrashing and drugs. I mean to this day any jam band show I go to see it seems there is a bigger crowd there to do drugs than there is to see the band and thats really pathetic. Like my brother found out I was goin to see The Dead at PNC 3 years ago and he was askin me to come with and I said "Hell no you dont even like the dead". All he wanted to do was score some sort of drug and get drunk as well. That stuffs gotta go. Dont get me wrong I enjoy sneakin a joint or two into a show and gettin a little stoned. BUT only because I am a frikkin pothead lol. I dont like goin too long without THC in me. But as for all the psychadelics and harder stuff that shit is not cool. Back in the day things were different but now I just dont see that stuff belonging at a show. But alas security sucks and things wont change :(
BlobWeird

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:47 pm

I'd love to see a cleaned-up Trey that gets his life back on track and it would be gravy for us if he gets his chops back so he can actually play all the awesome compositions of his early career.
tigerstrat

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Blobweird, that's what I'm trying to say. The Dead always had a huge crowd, with most of them under the influence of something, but yet the big problems came in the latter years. A sign of the times?
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:56 pm

HOWEYMAN wrote:Blobweird, that's what I'm trying to say. The Dead always had a huge crowd, with most of them under the influence of something, but yet the big problems came in the latter years. A sign of the times?

The GD had plenty of big problems in earlier years too. Deaths, ripoffs, catastrophes, flops, clusterf*&#s, breakups, busts, addictions...
tigerstrat

Next

Return to Everything Else