MARYWANA DETOX!! OH shit!

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby strumminsix » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:18 pm

LazyLightnin wrote:
strummin' you just come out of left field, its good to know that your life got better with sobriety. in AA they teach you to be humble and accepting. its not a free ticket for a holier than thow attitiude. im not saying thats you, but thats just what happens. i know you and jim are cool dudes no doubt. but dedhed didnt need to hear that crap, he'll learn on his own. if he goes to jail im sure he wont do it again. i do however agree with what you posted about companies and the workplace - thats totally neccesary. but not for all jobs. working while your all stoned sucks anyway. i quit smokin and got a raise and a promotion, and beleive me it was all that was in my way.

i dunno keep up the good work. how about a shakedown vid? please 8)


What are you talking about? Left field? How is sharing my experience on this topic left field? What crap did I give him?

In fact the post you referred to was me talking to Jack Straw about my thoughts and experiences? Maybe you need to check it out again.

There is a lot to be said for living a sober life. I'm not there nor am I perfect nor am I holier than though. My words above were about priorities and the benefits of being sober and recognizing the pros and cons but mostly it was out of my experience.


This thread was predictable to some degree. Every GD forum I have even been on board has experienced this.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6645
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Postby phreaker » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:05 pm

one way or another this darkness got to give
phreaker
Senior Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: Lawrence, Ks

Postby Jimkkc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 am

I was all set to let this whole thing go - but then ded1hed, you had to post again . . .

Go back to the first post from Bob - in that post he says he has a test in a maximum of one week. Then he says he took three hits - where does he say he didn't know he was going to be tested? Only after 40 some post does Bob say he didn't know about the test. So my original post was going on the information offered in Bob's post - which in no shape suggests that he didn't know the test was going to happen. In fact, looking again at the way the post was written, he actually leads us to believe he did know the test was going to happen. Given that, it does come back to choices - do I think Bob is a bad person? No - did I say he was bad? no - I just thought that - given the info - he made a bad choice. Do I think Jerry was bad? No - did he make bad choices about monitoring his blood sugar after his type II diabetes diagonosis - hell, yes he did.

I also don't recall asking your forginveness - what would have to ask forgiveness for? stating an unpopular opinion?

Lazy lightning - if your post were meant to be funny, why ask to have them taken down? It seems to me that you don't want to face the consequences of your statements. Given your obvious wit, intelligence, and insight into human behavior, perhaps you could help me figure out why I might be upset when someone - who I don't know - drags my name through the mud.

So let me see - in one day's worth of posts, I have been accused of highjacking, been called a douche, an ass (more than once), and finally my screen name has been rearranged to imply a connection to the kkk. Why? B/c I stated an opinion that some folks didn't like.
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby waldo041 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:50 am

Jimkkc wrote: Why? B/c I stated an opinion that some folks didn't like.


NO, because you did hijack a thread when someone asked for advice on how to clean himself out and you took the opportunity to ridicule rather then advise. i believe he already knew his mistake and didn't need your ridicule. that is what PO'd everyone.

YOUR opinion was accurate, but certainaly not needed. if you wish to ridicule and be UNSYMPATHETIC, then don't think anyone is going to give you any sympathy either.


peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 am

John Lennon sez: "everybody smoke pot"
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Postby waldo041 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 am

tigerstrat wrote:John Lennon sez: "everybody smoke pot"


right on tiger!

he also say's "give peace a chance"


peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby Jimkkc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:55 am

I think what is happening here is that we are working on different definitions of "ridicule" - I never ridiculed Bob (the original poster) I said that the decision - again given the information Bob posted - might not have been a wise decision. I never said Bob was bad. There is a difference between the two. In contrast, I probably got a little carried away in my responses to Lazy Lightning.

I do, however, think that there is another issue going on here. The issue is accountability. As a group, we generally want to abide by the live and let live ideal. And as noted in the beginning, I hope that Bob does pass the test and for that matter, I hope ded1hed and the rest of us who are faced with drug tests pass those tests; howerver, the are obvious consequences to the live and let live ideal. For example, in the late 80's and 90's. when the Dead got too big and attracted an entire circus of folks with no tickets who camped in the streets and generally added to the chaos for the locals, did we really and truly say hey this is a bad idea and it needs to stop. Or Chicago'95 where "miracle" seekers where outside the gates looking for tickets and handing out flyers about how much gate crashers and other non-ticket holding fans suck. I even remember the one time I had an extra ticket at a show and was turned down by a miracle seeker because I wanted face value. (i.e. why should I just give away something that I worked hard for? Music is not free) or what about the Dead themselves? How many books are out there that suggest that all in the inner circles of the gd knew Jerry's health and drug abuse was in dangerous territory, but they all said what can we do? I am not casting stones here because I certainly did not raise too much fuss about any of the above examples. Nor am I saying that I am perfect and above criticism.

My point? I guess I am trying to look at the bigger picture. And to me the bigger picture is a better picture if that picture includes more deadheads who are not in trouble with the law over drug "offenses": that picture is a better picture if more deadheads are not unemployed or underemployed because of failed drug tests. Yes, drug tests and drug laws are Draconian and make little, if any, sense; however, laws are not changed from within prisons.

If I sound like I am preaching, I apologize - I don't want to preach. For all of its zits and pimples, this community is pretty damn cool . . . I believe we have an obligation to make sure the community grows stronger not weaker . . . and given the current state of affairs in American politics and society, I'm not sure how that can happen if we don't take stock of where we are and what we truly are about and represent.
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby waldo041 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 am

Jimkkc wrote:Call me unsympathetic, but hell I'm going to say it -why would you do that? Common sense says to stay away until said period is completed..



you ridicule his common sense here!


Jimkkc wrote:so to smoke up when you know you have to pass a drug test does not make any sense.


you state your opinion and ridicule HIS decision here!


Jimkkc wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, it is all about choices and here is an example of a bad choice


then you stand up, and ridicule his decision! AGAIN!

Jimkkc wrote:I think what is happening here is that we are working on different definitions of "ridicule"


no, i understand and apparently there are a few here that agree.

Jimkkc wrote:- I never ridiculed Bob (the original poster) I said that the decision - again given the information Bob posted - might not have been a wise decision.


might not?
This YOU never said! you blantantly ridiculed the guy for HIS decision. he asked for ADVICE. and you gave him YOUR opinion on HIS decision! which made YOU look like a jerk. theres another title to add to your list.


peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby Jimkkc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:10 am

waldo - criticizing a decision is not the same as criticizing a person - common sense is a behavior. Sometimes I use common sense and sometimes I don't -does this make me a bad person? In my mind, no - but apparently you believe me to be.(doesn't that imply a judgement?) I can live with that.

Do I disagree with your opinion? Yes, does that mean I don't like you or that I think you are a bad person? The only one judging people is you waldo (notwithstanding the comments that I made about Lazy Lightning: I apologize LL) No - it means that we disagree.

When it comes to decisions and actions that were taken, yes I did critique - I don't know how else to say this. Once again, we all take "action" everyday, and those actions have consequences. Did I ridicule no - I commented on the action. I don't know Bob well enough to comment on his "self" - I do know that - given the information in the original post -his actions lacked common sense. The same can be said if I intentionally run a red light when there is a police car behind me - the act lacks common sense.

It seems to me that your problem has to do with why I posted my opinion - if you have clearly read my last post, I think I explain pretty well my motives.
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby waldo041 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:46 am

Jimkkc wrote:- common sense is a behavior. Sometimes I use common sense and sometimes I don't -does this make me a bad person? In my mind, no - but apparently you believe me to be.(doesn't that imply a judgement?) I can live with that.



this is true and you show you used no common sense when you posted.


Jimkkc wrote: Once again, we all take "action" everyday, and those actions have consequences. Did I ridicule no - I commented on the action.


i could see your point if you were commenting on his actions if it were fictitious scenario and not a real person who asked a question, however you chose to RIDICULE a human being for HIS actions.


here is a fictitious scenario for ya;

you go to your local fast food joint and ASK for 10 burgers and the person behind the counter ask's you "why would you want 10 burger's if you know you can't possibly eat all of them and it's bad for your health?" don't you have any common sense?

then he gets on the mic and say's to the whole place "Ladies and gentlemen, it is all about choices and here is an example of a bad choice.!"

i don't think you'd like being in that situation, but that is where you put BOB!

Jimkkc wrote:It seems to me that your problem has to do with why I posted my opinion - if you have clearly read my last post, I think I explain pretty well my motives.


exactly! you hijacked a thread to pass your own judgement, so don't feel offended when you are judged.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby Jimkkc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:10 am

I don't know what else to say because based on your posts you seem adamently opposed to listening to what I am actually posting. An action is not the same as the person - I did not ridicule Bob, the action yes - but Bob is not the action. It is the action that lacked common sense. I don't know how else to say this other than the way I have said it.

Hypotheticals? Hypotheticals don't work b/c we are dealing with an actual situation that has actual or least potential consequences.

Take for example, the Deer Creek gate crashing in 95. Are you telling me that you would not critique or judge the actions of those who in their zeal to get in caused the cancellation of the next day's shows? See that is an actual - not hypothetical - situation that had consequences. Now, did I not like the actions of those who broke through the fences? Of course I didn't like the actions and yes I think that they were bad decisions. However, do I think the people were bad? How could I reach that conclusion based on one action? Again, one action does not equal the person. So, going back to Bob - do I know him? no. Do I wish him ill will? no - did his decision lack common sense, yes. Does it make him bad? no. Did I judge him, no. Did I ridicule him, no.

.
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby waldo041 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:48 am

YOUR opinion that he made a BAD DECISION! is strictly yours, when he simply asked for some advice.

could BOB use the advice given by ded1hed without ridicule for his action, and PASS a test? probably, then it would NOT have the repercussion of a bad decision because he would have passed. however had you never posted and he failed and came back here in a different context, more like "Did i make a BAD decision?" then your post may have been appropriate. However you gave NO advice ONLY RIDICULE OF AN ACTION BOB PERFORMED. THE ACTION CAN NOT BE PERFORMED WITHOUT SOMEONE PERFORMING IT!

your useless opinion on the bad choice is well known, so why the need to post it?

and for the record;

i read everything you have said, i just don't agree with you(and apparently others don't).
your opinion on whether you ridiculed him or not, is strictly yours. please stop trying to justify it or portray yourself as the only one who knows a bad choice!

BOB ALREADY knew he probably made a bad choice, that is why he came to this environment to get the ADVICE he needed.

not your opinion on HIS decisions!

maybe i shouldn't call it a ridicule but rather a not so nice SMART ASS response.


either way it was wrong !

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby ded1hed » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:57 am

you keep saying that based on bobs original post you determine that he made a decision.

MY WHOLE POINT IN THIS WHOLE ARGUMENT IS AS FOLLOWS:

NOWHERE IN THE FIRST POST DOES HE SAY HE KNEW HE HAD A TEST COMING, NOWHERE IN THE FIRST POST DOES HE EVEN HINT AT THE FACT THAT HE KNEW.

so therefore i reasoned as follows. i figure 50 or more percent of the people in here smoke up, any of them could get a test sprung on them. he is no guiltier of bad judgement than anyone else in here who ever smokes, whether it be once a year or everyday.

and this whole jerry made bad decisions shit is just that shit. it was his life to live not YOURS. you need to mind your own business and quit laying down opinions on everybody else. period. over and out.

edit:
also just to help you wrap your mind around this, he posted at night, said he smoked earlier that day, now he has a drug test. did it ever trickle into your brain that he may have got high, went to work, then was informed he would be having a test.

i know this doesnt make much sense to you jim, but it is crystal clear to me, i know this because he came back on here confirming what i already believed.
ded1hed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:47 am

Postby ded1hed » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:14 pm

You said:

"Go back to the first post from Bob - in that post he says he has a test in a maximum of one week. Then he says he took three hits - where does he say he didn't know he was going to be tested?"

i ask you where did it say he did know?????, answer-- IT DIDNT , you assumed that he knew then bombarded him.

me and waldo have pegged you for not what you are, but what you did. i dont care if you come back with momma jokes , im not replying anymore. you labeled someone as one who makes bad decisions when you didnt know the facts, just like i suggested, you made an assumption that you couldnt have possibly of drawn from the post, then bombarded everybody with a bunch of shit, that was uncalled for.
Last edited by ded1hed on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ded1hed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:47 am

Postby jck_strw » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:20 pm

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds? And my next door neighbor has 3 rabbits.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
User avatar
jck_strw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 5:23 pm
Location: The mountains of Colorado

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest