Blind Faith

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Blind Faith

Postby hesgone95 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:15 am

So, while not really a huge Clapton fan, this album has always been one of my favorites, especially 'Had to Cry'. I've been trying to figure out the hook to the song and i think I'm pretty close. My problem is my boom box crapped out, and my TV as well, so I can't use the DVD for music. I'm left at the moment trying to figure out songs with my headphones and discman, turned way down. Good enough to figure out a general idea, but not the most ideal situation for figuring out stuff by ear with any real degree of accuracy. :?

Anyway, I'm playing a G mix, starting on the D on the 5th fret of the A string. If anyone has this tabbed out, and it won't be breaking any rules to post it here, I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks in advance.
Goin' home, goin' home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Benthegoodbum » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:51 am

Haha, I thought you were gonna talk about the Magic Hat beer Blind Faith...good stuff. I've never really been big into Clapton, but I think I'll check this out.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby hotasaPistol » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:31 am

Early Clapton i.e. Cream and Blind Faith imo is some of the best blues and rock ever!

After Blind Faith it seems EC got into the smack and went in the pop direction of music...

Creams "Wheels of Fire" is bad ass gunslinging guitar playing at it's nastiest. Ginger Baker is an incredible drummer and Jack Bruce kills on bass
my 2 cents

Somewhere I found a tab for Had to cry today and will see if I can find it....
If I do will it break any rules to post????

Pistol
hotasaPistol
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby hesgone95 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:51 am

Yeah, I'd agree, his early stuff, cream, BF, and Derek and the dominoes is good stuff. Hot shit. But after that I dunno, it doesn't do much for me. I've always found his stuff to have a rather contrived sound to it. 'Blues by the book' as it were. No doubt he's a talented blues player, but IMHO it lacks soul, y'know?
Goin' home, goin' home
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:44 am

The Derek and the Dominos double live disc is some of the best live stuff out there. Clapton has always been great for me to study guitar with because he moves so seemlessly between Major and Minor pentatonics. Studying Clapton has been enormously effective over the years with my blues guitar playing. Again, the double live disc is PHENOM!!!!
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby shakedown_04092 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:34 pm

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:The Derek and the Dominos double live disc is some of the best live stuff out there. Clapton has always been great for me to study guitar with because he moves so seemlessly between Major and Minor pentatonics. Studying Clapton has been enormously effective over the years with my blues guitar playing. Again, the double live disc is PHENOM!!!!

Funny this came up today, because last night on PBS they aired a Blind Faith concert from Hyde Park in England, and I happened to be flipping around the channels, so I stopped and ended up watching most of it. Great stuff. I wrote down 2 songs I want to learn:

Sea Of Joy

&

Can't Fin My Way Home

I was going to tab these out, but if someone has them & wouldn't mind posting them, that'd be great.

Really good concert, btw.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Although my fave era is definitely Cream/Blind Faith/Dominoes, I love all 70's Clapton... up to about the lame "After Midnight" redux (1987?). But he has since had certain bright spots like Journeyman, and his heartfelt "Tears In Heaven"

Besides being one of the tastiest guitarists ever, he also was gifted with one of the most amazing singing voices in Rock. One of my favorite vocalists PERIOD.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby amyjared » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 pm

I have to agree with Tigerstrat. As for learning his songs, I highly recommend the Signature Licks DVD. I have the one called Clapton, the Early Years and it's got two of my favorites on it: Bell Bottom Blues and I Ain't Got You. It also has Can't Find My Way Home. I also have the Crossroads series of Tab books and they are great for learning any Clapton song.
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Shaggy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:42 pm

One of my favourite Eric moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hmbLJL6XIk

Go Robbie!! :lol:
Shaggy

Postby hesgone95 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:35 am

a link to Can't find my way home

http://www.all-good-tabs.com/guitar-tab ... -2399.html

This and Presence of the Lord are the only BF tabs I can find online.
Goin' home, goin' home
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Rev_Roach » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:29 am

On that Last Waltz song, Further on Down the Road, I was really impressed with Robbie. I mean we all know Clapton can play like that, but Robbie was absolutely keeping up! Very impressive guitar duel on the whole.

Anyone who hasnt watch it yet needs to click Shaggy's link immediately!
Rev_Roach
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Return to Everything Else