asian films

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

asian films

Postby spilly » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:59 am

I've been on an asian kick lately, the psycological thillers are fantastic. I just finished Sympothy for mr. vengance which was pretty good, but It got me thinking about a few others that were just sick.

I highly recomend "Audition" and "Oldboy"
these movies will blow your mind.

Audition hails from Japan and isn't dubbed, so subtitles it is. It starts out slow and continues on that way for most of the film, but keep watching, it goes absolutly haywire. the ending is brutal, it's will creep you out.

Oldboy is a Korean film. This film is truely fucked up. It's not for the faint of heart. It starts off with a good proper mind-fuck and gets stedily worse from there. It's one of those movies that stays with you for days. when I finished it for the first time I sat on my couch in silence for about an hour thinking along the lines of "what the hell was that?" it's non-stop. The plot is absolutly brilliant. It's a revenge orented film and theres a few torture seens that could turn a stomach or two, and the end result is just stunning. Plus this ones dubbed pretty well, so it's alot easier to watch than Audition.

You guys should check these ones out (especially Oldboy) I think some of you would really like 'em
spilly
Bear
Bear

Return to Everything Else