Borat sucked..........NAHHHT

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Borat sucked..........NAHHHT

Postby China Cat » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:47 pm

sorry i just saw it and couldnt resist. has anyone else here seen borat? i thikn it was hilarious, especialy his fight with azamat and his stay at the bed and breakfast. What do you guys think was the best movie of 2006?
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby Benthegoodbum » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:26 pm

I plan on going to see Borat next week. Today I decided to see Stranger Than Fiction. WAWAWEEWA What a great movie that was. I never really thought Will Ferrel could be a serious actor but he really suprised me. Did Borat pretty much follow the Ali G skits where he just does the documentary?
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby China Cat » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:39 pm

i never saw much ali g but it was similar to it, it was all set up as a documentary of borat's trip to america to find ways to solve kazakhstan's problems
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby phreaker » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:31 pm

those college kids on the RV are trying to sue for something.

It wasnt as funny as I thought. I expected to be laughing throughout the whole entire thing. It's really funny to me now, just looking back at the whole movie was about.

I'd give it 4 out of 5.

Def. worth you're money.
phreaker

Postby BlobWeird » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:26 pm

kazakhstan huh? Ive only heard of that country once before and it was in the book The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. Wasnt even sure if it was a real place lol. btw I suggest reading The Alchemist to anyone who enjoys fiction. What a great book it was. And if you enjoy that try The Pilgrimage.
BlobWeird

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:14 pm

BlobWeird wrote:kazakhstan huh? Ive only heard of that country once before and it was in the book The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. Wasnt even sure if it was a real place lol. btw I suggest reading The Alchemist to anyone who enjoys fiction. What a great book it was. And if you enjoy that try The Pilgrimage.

Isn't Kazakhstan that country in the game "Risk" that's all the way to the right?
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby China Cat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:48 pm

haha yeah what a great game
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:54 am

absolutly hilarious.... i love the part with the bear in the ice cream truck, you know those kids were caught off gurard....

i though it was the funniest movie i've seen in a long time, def worth seeing.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby bodiddley » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:26 pm

I must be the only one in America besides my wife (I knew I picked her for a reason) that can't stand the guy...same goes for his Ali G character.
bodiddley

Postby wisedyes » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:12 pm

The country all the way to the right in Asia in the game "Risk" is Kamchatka. That's the Siberian coastline, essentially. Kazahkstan is a central Asian republic, former Soviet state that has very little indoor plumbing but DOES have a nuclear stockpile.

Has anyone here ever actually FINISHED a game of "Risk"?
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby weedar » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:01 pm

I have played Risk many, many times. I can probably count the
number of times we've actually finished a game on one hand..
weedar
Jester
Jester

Postby jck_strw » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Mrs. jck_strw and I saw this movie the day it came out. I watched the Ali G show once and thought (and still think) that it was totally stoopid and not funny. I wasn't aware that Borat was also one of his characters in the Ali G show (I thought it was a new character created for the movie).

Anyhow, I love truly offensive movies like this. I like it when people make fun of stuff you're not supposed to make fun of. Caveat--I like it when it's well done, not some half-assed piece of shit. And this was some funny, well-done stuff. Not as funny as I had hoped (it was registering like 98% on the Tomato-meter at RottenTomatoes the day we saw it), but it was still pretty funny. I think that everyone's indignation at the movie though, is even funnier than the movie itself.

Whatever--we saw it at a matinee, so it was only $12 for teh both of us and worth it.

"Gypsy, who is this woman you have shrunk?"
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby acidrain30005 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 am

Borat was fucking hilarious! Funniest movie to come out in theaters since Clerks II.
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby spilly » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:29 pm

Stranger than fiction was awesome. it's very original. with the narration it's more like reading a book than watching a movie. the graphs and charts that pop up was really clever, it really helped set up the character as a numerical thinker. I'll probably see Borat soon, but I'm more into movies with a good proper mind-fuck in the plot.

I recently saw Stay and I was very impressed by it, I'll have to catch it again though as I'm not sure I fully got it
spilly
Bear
Bear

Return to Everything Else