What note gives you trouble?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

What note gives you trouble?

Postby Benthegoodbum » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:57 pm

So lately I've been working on singing the right notes when I'm playing songs and it seems I just can't really get the G note to sound right...I sing it sort of low and my voice gets kinda cracky like when I was hitting puberty. Eventually I think I'll find a comfortable way to sing it. So anyway, as the title suggests what notes give you trouble when you try to sing them?
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Jimkkc » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:17 am

The key with singing is the breathing - breathe . . .
I don't know if there is a single note that gives me trouble - but keeping my breathing regular and allowing my voice to be carried by my breath. For example, in the trio I am in, I am taking the high harmony on I Know You Rider and my first note is the "A" at the second fret of the G string and then go up from there; by the time we get to the coda/closing chorus, I am out of breathe and thus can't necessarily hit the higher notes. On the other hand, by concentrating on breathing, I have found that I can actually sing higher up the scale then previously thought.

As far as hitting notes, my trio will actually take and sing scales to each other - for example A B C# D# E F# G# A. Then we will do three part harmony on A so that I will start at A, one of us will start at C# and one will start E. I don't know if any of this helps, but I have noticed my singing improving and more importantly I sing with more confidence now.
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby HawaiianDedhed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:01 pm

Eb, which is strange because I have no problem with D#.
HawaiianDedhed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Everything Else