Becks New Album...

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Becks New Album...

Postby Benthegoodbum » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:01 pm

So I just downloaded Becks new album and plan on buying it when I have the money thanks to the do-it-yourself cd cover. It's called The Information, I haven't listened to it all yet...in fact I'm only 3 songs into it. So far it is everything I imagined a new Beck album to be...fresh, hip, fun, and just plain wonderful. I was wondering if any of you cats have happened to listen to the album or plan on in the near future?
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby phreaker » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:29 pm

I'm the biggest Beck fan you'll ever come across.

What other albums of his does it sound like?
phreaker

Postby Benthegoodbum » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:19 pm

Well I've read that it is a cross between Guero and Sea Change. I feel like it's got that oddness to it that Guero did, but I definitely feel it's better than Guero. I'm not really good at comparing albums though...I just kinda feel they are all diferent and special in their own way. Biggest thing I like about Beck is his use of a bunch of different sounds in making a song. Ya never really know what you're gonna get from him. The man in my opinion is a genious...the only downside about him is that he is a Scientologist which I totally find a farse. It's definitely a must hear though for old fans and new I think. If a guy really wants to get into Beck though, I would say listen to Odelay or Sea Change...they really show his talent in making music and writing trully amazing lyrics.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby gruven_teddy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:35 am

i love how Beck's sound keeps re-inventing itself with each album...each one is differnt yet has his originality stilll.....awesome musician.
Mellow Gold rocks

----------
gruven_teddy
welcome
welcome

Postby phreaker » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:59 pm

mellow gold used to be my screen name way back in the day. legend has it that he made that album with less than $200.

I agree with his diversity.

One foot in the grave, midnight vultures and sea change (my three favorites) sound like theyre each written by a totally different person

but ill keep an eye out for this new one
phreaker

Return to Everything Else