The end of SCI???

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby HOWEYMAN » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:37 pm

Sounds like another great musician giving in to the his demons. Thats sad. I know I don't know the situation and all that jazz, but it sucks. All I wonder is "why?". Lets hope he rebounds and gets his shit in gear.
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby HOWEYMAN » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:44 pm

[/quote] heck, even Trey has been a good thing (I know I could be setting myself up for saying that, but I do believe his recent stuff has kicked ass, and if you haven't seen a show, go see for yourself).[/quote]

Its funny, for some reason, I have not heard "shine". when his first self entitled album came out, I couldn't wait. Oh yes, he does kicks ass live. I love the sound he puts together on stage. Just absolutley wonderful. When I seen him in Detroit a couple years ago, I thought the roof was going to blow off when he and his band peformed "Money, love, and change.

Also, I seen him open for Petty this summer. One thing that stands out with Trey is well, of course his tone. Like no other. I wish he could have played all night. It was like a great snack before an OK dinner.
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby shakedown_04092 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:13 pm

HOWEYMAN wrote:Its funny, for some reason, I have not heard "shine". when his first self entitled album came out, I couldn't wait. Oh yes, he does kicks ass live. I love the sound he puts together on stage. Just absolutley wonderful. When I seen him in Detroit a couple years ago, I thought the roof was going to blow off when he and his band peformed "Money, love, and change.

Also, I seen him open for Petty this summer. One thing that stands out with Trey is well, of course his tone. Like no other. I wish he could have played all night. It was like a great snack before an OK dinner.

Funny you mention Tom Petty. I bought tickets off a guy to take my girl to go see him at Great Woods this summer, but then canceled the order because I thought $160 was too much for 2 tics. Ended up seeing him last week at Vegoose, and man, am I GLAD I didn't pay to see him this summer.

Here's my gripe: throw in a CD, and there you have it. Same damn thing on stage. No improv, no jamming, nothing. And another thing I found hilarious about Petty is that, after every song mind you, he does the "big bang rock n'roll ending". Hands up, palms out facing the crowd, bowing, praying, gyrating, Jesus Christ Superstar, fireworks, the Apocolypse, buidlings burning, turn to the band, turn back around, thank the crowd, thank the front row, the back row, the sides, and throw the hands down to signal the end of the song...BANG! AFTER EVERY FRIGGIN' SONG!

I couldn't believe it...he must be so full of himself. I was talking with a friend about it and he said "well, that's what happens. Everyone around him loves him and tells him so, so his reality is a little distorted" which I found amusing.

Anyways, I am not taking anything away from Tom Petty, his music, or his ability to write/compose songs/CD's. I just think that you can throw in a CD and get the same result as buying an $80 ticket, minus the visuals.

TREY is ON FIRE. Go see him y'all.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby nolehead » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:40 pm

confusions_prince - yeah i was at pompano, i love that venue except for the BSO presence. the best feeling to open the show was great and i really got into the kevmo jam in the 2nd.
Not all who wander are lost.
nolehead
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby confusions_prince » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Maybe the band was telling the truth about "other musical projects." If you look at their tour dates, SCI has about 1/4 the shows Honkytonk has.

The sheriffs would normally bother me, but they didn't do anything! There was a lot of pot in plain view. Mostly, they stood around confused. One was alternating between looking at the lights and the weird folk. "What's happening??"
"More then ever, the world needs love and the Grateful Dead!" -Vince
confusions_prince
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:32 pm

HOWEYMAN wrote:when his first self entitled album came out, I couldn't wait.

Trey's first album (although many may forget, or try to) was the super-freaky all-instrumental Surrender To The Air
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Previous

Return to Everything Else