Special Guest John Kadlecik

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Special Guest John Kadlecik

Postby flyingheelhook » Tue May 13, 2014 5:36 am

Thought you folks might get a kick out of this - I never thought I would ever get a chance to play with anyone even remotely famous but a friend of mine (guitarist in our acoustic trio) put together a freakin' awesome party at the O Street Mansion https://www.omansion.com/ with John K as special guest. It was a costume party in an 'Alice in Wonderland' theme and the guests pulled out all of the stops with costumes and 'party favors'... :cool: The mansion boasts '100 rooms with over 70 secret doors'. We spent an hour and found four!

There were two bands, then our acoustic band and John was supposed to do a solo set after us. Part way through Jack Straw opener, John comes up to sing, and next thing you know he has is guitar and woooosshhh into musical magic through our entire set.

flyingheelhook
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: Special Guest John Kadlecik

Postby jester536 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:29 am

Congratulations! I must admit that would have made me pretty nervous. It's so cool he came up on his own. You had just started an opener and that caught his attention enough for him to decide he wanted to play with you...that speaks well of your playing. A night I am sure you will always remember.
If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will!
http://www.reverbnation.com/unchartedwaters
jester536
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby tcsned » Tue May 13, 2014 7:11 am

Super-cool! Not only a fun gig in a sweet place for a party but getting to play with not only a fantastic player but also a good guy. :cool: :cool: :cool:
tcsned

Postby aiq » Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

A night to remember for sure. Just got tix for a Jerry's Birthday thing with John K band at the Hamilton here in DC.
aiq
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby flyingheelhook » Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 am

I bought my tix this morning too. I didn't know you were in the area aiq - hit me up when you book your next gig and I will try to come out.
flyingheelhook
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Return to Everything Else