DSO - The Latest Report

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: DSO - The Latest Report

Postby waldo041 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:21 am

mgbills wrote:At their zenith the Boys (GD) could make the Cosmos laugh, dance and weep.

Furthur, DSO (and many of the rest of you great musicians) help us remember.

Exactly and well said Marty!

With regards to those last years, the flame was still lit and maybe did not roar as hot as it once did, but every now and then it would flare up and heat up just the same.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Dwarf Rat » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

My son has seen Furthur and DSO a dozen times. He saw DSO last week in Santa Cruz. I saw the Dead in the 70s and 80s. He is having a grand time. Right now I prefer Cubensis. It's always a dance party when they play.
Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby softmachine72 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 am

I have seen DSO 3-4 times wih John K, they are a great band . Haven't seen the current line up. IMHO Forgotten Space is the Shit. they have been doing extensive touring, if given the opportunity, one should check them out. Kenny Withrow has got "It"
softmachine72
Billy
Billy

Postby waldo041 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:26 am

softmachine72 wrote:I have seen DSO 3-4 times wih John K, they are a great band . Haven't seen the current line up. IMHO Forgotten Space is the Shit. they have been doing extensive touring, if given the opportunity, one should check them out. Kenny Withrow has got "It"

I'm not aware of too many things I know what I know, if you know what I mean. He used to be confused as Jerry at one time!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby tcsned » Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 pm

waldo041 wrote:
softmachine72 wrote:I have seen DSO 3-4 times wih John K, they are a great band . Haven't seen the current line up. IMHO Forgotten Space is the Shit. they have been doing extensive touring, if given the opportunity, one should check them out. Kenny Withrow has got "It"

I'm not aware of too many things I know what I know, if you know what I mean. He used to be confused as Jerry at one time!

~waldo

Those guys can really play. The guitar player is badass - so he was the guy in the New Bohemians? I saw them touring that first album in Norfolk. I liked him then, he's even better now.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
tcsned

Postby softmachine72 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:20 am

Their recent addition Hunter is a great Bob guy The Lost Sailor > St.'s are sweet. Great shot last year of Kenny auditioning a SFG Rosebud During Black Muddy river.
[img][IMG]http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/softmachine72/DSC03367_zps28eb5e3e.jpg[/img][/img]
softmachine72
Billy
Billy

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:33 am

softmachine72 wrote:Their recent addition Hunter is a great Bob guy The Lost Sailor > St.'s are sweet. Great shot last year of Kenny auditioning a SFG Rosebud During Black Muddy river.
[img][IMG]http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/softmachine72/DSC03367_zps28eb5e3e.jpg[/img][/img]

Leo Did Kenny Keep the guitar or was it just a trial? Your right he definitely "Got It"
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby softmachine72 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Actually that guitar was built for another Rukinder Marley boy. I he loved the guitar but, he is real particular about his tone and he has spent years dialing it in and I do not think he is too keen about re- EQing his rig.The electronics in the Tribute have a very un-Jerry like sound, with out a lot of tweaking with pedals and such.When he auditioned a Wolf at one of their practices he plugged straight in to his amp and bingo, instant Jerry they played a f-n amazing Lazy>Supplication. Jaws were dropping in that room. He also plays a 69 SG for the old stuff and he loves that guitar. I am actually building a 24.75 Tiger, 69 SG hybrid to entice him and make an offer he cannot refuse. If he does not want it I am sure someone will.
softmachine72
Billy
Billy

Previous

Return to Everything Else