How bout them Tigers!?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

How bout them Tigers!?

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 am

Just wanted to throw this out there at any fellow heads that share my absolute amazement of Detroit Tigers. Unbeleievable. Can you imagine if they win 11 consecutive games in post season to take the World Series. That's where they are heading! Go Tigs!
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby phpbb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:25 am

Awesome...

I was fortunate to attend the 84 world series. I've watched the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals, and nothing compared to the 84 world series.
phpbb

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:13 pm

I thought the Yankees wouldve given them a run for their money, but they couldnt muster the starting pitching. i really thought Minnesota was a much better team than Oakland, but they played really bad. Really happy for Detroit tho. How about that Jim Leyland? ....man that dudes worth his weight in gold, and then some. wish we could get him in Cleveland. we went after Trevor Hoffman in the offseason his quote= " I will NEVER pitch for the Cleveland Indians" we need the "wild thing" and "willie mays hayes" :roll:
LazyLightnin

Postby squire758 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:31 pm

yea i live in Detroit, and i must say we're kinda concerned about what will happen if the tigers do end up winning the world series. the damn city is gunna go absolutely crazy. when the pistons won their championship, it was intense enough, and statistically more people in metro Detroit watch baseball than basketball so it'll be even crazier. it'll be as if a dark star crashed. hmm...
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby ebick » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:54 pm

squire758 wrote:yea i live in Detroit, and i must say we're kinda concerned about what will happen if the tigers do end up winning the world series

Good Points! Better just fold and leave the big celebration to a city that is more experienced in such things.......like, say, New York.

:cool:
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby phpbb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:16 pm

First the Mets have to get there!! and Detroit is experienced, sure, its tipping over cop cars and burning them...
phpbb

Postby Billbbill » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 pm

They seem to have all the trappings of a team of destiny.
Billbbill

Return to Everything Else