Possibly the only redeeming part of the Grammy Awards...

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Possibly the only redeeming part of the Grammy Awards...

Postby ac4468 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am

First ever Grammy Music Educator Award. With all the crap out there and the sad state of the music industry, it's great to see the teachers that inspire the next generation of musicians getting the recognition they deserve.

http://www.grammy.com/news/music-educat ... s-revealed
ac4468
tiger
tiger

Re: Possibly the only redeeming part of the Grammy Awards...

Postby tcsned » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 pm

The original drummer in my Dead band, Tim Taylor, is nominated in the Regional Roots category in his band Kahulanui. They play Hawaiian music. Tim is a great guy and I've been through a lot with him. I also got a chance to jam with Pat Eskildsen, their bass player when I was out visiting the Big Island. Send them some good vibes!
tcsned

Postby the highway terror » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:13 am

I never watch the Grammys but I did see a Video of the Paul/Ringo performance, nice to see them get back together.
Too bad they didn't do a Beatles tune or two.
Has anyone here been listening to the DNB Streams from Hawaii the last week or so ?
They've put on some great shows ! David Nelson and Barry Sless are great guitarists !
Mookie, Pete and Wally are no slouches either !
the highway terror
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby mkaufman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:05 am

Are the DNB shows online now? They are a great band.

IMHO, more exciting than...

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby Grateful Dad » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 am

tcsned wrote:The original drummer in my Dead band, Tim Taylor, is nominated in the Regional Roots category in his band Kahulanui. They play Hawaiian music. Tim is a great guy and I've been through a lot with him. I also got a chance to jam with Pat Eskildsen, their bass player when I was out visiting the Big Island. Send them some good vibes!

On your advice I took the family to go see Kahulanui during our Big Island vacation last summer. They are an extremely talented group and Tim is a super cool dude. I hope they won in their category.

:smile:

On another note, I think any "musician" or "artist" that uses pre-recorded track or a drum machine in their "award winning song" should be disqualified from winning a Grammy. :-x
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Postby tcsned » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:25 am

Grateful Dad wrote:
tcsned wrote:The original drummer in my Dead band, Tim Taylor, is nominated in the Regional Roots category in his band Kahulanui. They play Hawaiian music. Tim is a great guy and I've been through a lot with him. I also got a chance to jam with Pat Eskildsen, their bass player when I was out visiting the Big Island. Send them some good vibes!

On your advice I took the family to go see Kahulanui during our Big Island vacation last summer. They are an extremely talented group and Tim is a super cool dude. I hope they won in their category.

:smile:

On another note, I think any "musician" or "artist" that uses pre-recorded track or a drum machine in their "award winning song" should be disqualified from winning a Grammy. :-x

Unfortunately they did not win, Terrence Simien won for the 2nd time. He's really good but it would've been nice to see my friends take home the award. They seemed to all be having a good time on the mainland.
tcsned

Postby the highway terror » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 am

mkaufman wrote:Are the DNB shows online now? They are a great band.

IMHO, more exciting than...

mk

there are three of the hawaii 2014 shows on LMA the others should be up any day now.
I haven't checked pirate bay or any of the torrent sites so they could be up on one of them by now
here's a link to the archive, enjoy !

https://archive.org/search.php?query=co ... %222014%22
the highway terror
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Return to Everything Else