Guitar instructor in SW Connecticut???

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Guitar instructor in SW Connecticut???

Postby ac4468 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 pm

After years of being a self taught hack :-) I am looking for a good guitar instructor in SW Connecticut who knows our type of music intimately. Being self taught It's hard to say what level I would consider myself but I have played some form of instrument most of my life. That said I want an instructor that can work at all levels and really knows Jerry's style, material and maybe some bluegrass fundamentals. Any suggestions???

I am in Sandy Hook and would be looking within 1/2 radius.
ac4468
tiger
tiger

Re: Guitar instructor in SW Connecticut???

Postby flyingheelhook » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 am

If you can't find someone local, check out Seth at http://www.gratefulguitarlessons.com/. Lots of good stuff there and if you really want one on one, he offers Skype guitar lessons. I haven't tried the skype, but I have quite a few of the video lessons - good stuff.
flyingheelhook
Jester
Jester

Postby ebick » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 am

Skype is a viable option
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby paulkogut » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 am

Are you hip to Kenny Wessel? He toured opening for the Dead in the 80's in Ornette Coleman's band, and is one of the most happening player's on today's NYC jazz scene. While his upper west side studio is probably too far a commute for a weekly lesson, even one lesson with a cat of that caliber can really open up some doors. Best wishes for your music! http://www.kenwessel.com/index.html

PK
paulkogut
Donna
Donna

Postby ac4468 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:09 pm

I found a local guy I'm going to try out. Great referral though. I'll definitely keep that option open for after I improve a bit! Even if it's an hour and a half away.
ac4468
tiger
tiger

Postby easytoslip » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:57 am

Mark Paradis gives guitar lessons up at Music +Arts (formerly LaSalle's) in West Hartford Center. He's super well versed in all things Grateful Dead and is a fantastic guitar player as well. He may travel for lessons, not sure, call the store to get in touch with him.
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Everything Else