WTB Loop pedal/gear, need advice

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: WTB Loop pedal/gear, need advice

Postby flyingheelhook » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am

Yeah, its funny (and a tad scary) how some products have very intermittent issues. I've heard a lot of complaints about Line 6, for instance, but haven't had any problems myself.
flyingheelhook
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby joethepainter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 pm

joethepainter
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby flyingheelhook » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Interesting. I guess I'll wait to see what people are saying - I was leaning towards one of the jammans but at this point, might be prudent to wait.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-x2-looper/
flyingheelhook
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Cmnaround » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Wow Ditto V2 looks pretty cool. I use the regular Ditto and it is really easy to use for backing tracks and simple loops. The added stop switch on the V2 makes me want to upgrade. The only downside of the original is there is only one button, so it's hard to nail it in time to stop. For a little over $100 they are an awesome tool for practicing and laying down chords to jam over.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Arminius » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Cmnaround wrote:Wow Ditto V2 looks pretty cool. I use the regular Ditto and it is really easy to use for backing tracks and simple loops. The added stop switch on the V2 makes me want to upgrade. The only downside of the original is there is only one button, so it's hard to nail it in time to stop. For a little over $100 they are an awesome tool for practicing and laying down chords to jam over.

Yea it does. That's about the only thing I use it for as of now, and it does it damn well. I've have a lot of fun jamming with it.

Anybody that is looking to enhance their practice sessions should think about buying it.
Arminius
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby ac4468 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Keller used to use several Gibson Echoplexes but now uses a Boss RC-300 ($550). Cool vid of his current rig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9Rqf_GC4k
ac4468
tiger
tiger

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 am

I've used several loopers. I like the simple Ditto the best. They are good for jamming with and practicing.

What I like even better is to just record a simple drum track, bass track and rhythm guitar on a small 4 track such as a Tascam. Then play that back through a small PA and play guitar along with it and sing along with it too.
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby flyingheelhook » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

I picked up at Ditto X2 at GC the other night, literally before they even put it on the shelves. Only one test run so far but seems like it will fit my requirements. I'll fill you in on more details as I discover them.
flyingheelhook
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Stella Bloo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I have used the Boss RC-3 for quite some time and love it. I think it has 3 hours of record time and is perfect for practicing my leads. It stores plenty of songs so I can keep them in a memory and just call them up. I have loads of rhythm's laid down from Sugaree, Loser, Sugar Mag, Going Down the Road, I know you Rider...etc, I just pull it up and they are always there to jam with. Might want to look into it, it works for me.
Stella Bloo
Donna
Donna

Postby seamones » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Does the RC3 and the Ditto2 allow you to output the loop track to a separate amp? I assume the original Ditto does not, is that correct?
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby jenkins » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:55 pm

The line6 is a great looper. This pedal is a must for me. But the dl4 delay modeler is kind of a piece of shit lol, I've literally bought at least 5 of them over the years bc the footswitches bust & I needed it. This time I bought an m9 & it's much higher quality so of you go line6 bight the bullet & spend the 400 on an m9, and in addition to the looper & every delay imaginable you also get a model of pretty much every cool effect that's been used in any famous song, which is pretty cool.

I've used most of these loopers mentioned & the reason I've come back to the line6 is because of the way they have the footswitches set up, with the Rec/overdub, play, play once & reverse/half speed. This is just the perfect setup IMO & for me its become second nature. Also the footswitches are smooth.
I bought a boss loop station a few years back & I hate the footswitches, they're not smooth so it's difficult to get the timing right. When you're looping, particularly with another player it's absolutely critical to get the timing exactly right, the slightest bit can fuck up the whole jam. I spent like 300 on it & less than a month later I was back buying another dl4.

& the other delay effects that come with it are great, I get all my delays from that one pedal. Throw an expression pedal on there & you can do all sorts of shit, like change the amount of repeats on the fly, LLRain style.

So I strongly suggest going line6, but definitely an m9, not a dl4. In addition to being a sick looper that works great with all the other effects it's the most bang for your buck you're gonna get.
jenkins
Billy
Billy

Postby flyingheelhook » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 am

I've got an M13 and unfortunatey it doesn't have enough overall sample time. Also, by using the Ditto X2 downstream, it frees up the 3/4 of the board that were diverted to the looping controls meaning I can sample playing with scheme of effect and then play over it with another. Can't do that with the M13 (or the M9 I would imagine) if I am using the M13 looping.
flyingheelhook
Terrapin
Terrapin

Previous

Return to Everything Else