Jerry Garcia EXACT REPLICA!

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Jerry Garcia EXACT REPLICA!

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 am

Holy shit I am so excited to be getting my new Jerry Garcia Replica prescription glasses! These could not be more perfect. I commissioned Jerry's personal eye doctor to build me the beauties. It has been well worth the 5 year wait for the him to create these.I will make sure to post a video of me wearing them and a review in case you guys want to get your own.

You can compare these replicas to the ones in the picture below i assure you that the craftsman has done a fantastic job at these they really do feel as good as they look! Just get a load of the attention to detail used in the engraving on the right temple piece. Also the temple tips of these replicas incorporate the exact same grippy resilient polymer used in the originals. These are really the real deal dudes. Now PlayinDead, I know your going to chime in and say there is no solder on the left side of the bridge piece where it connects to the frame, but I assure you that the ones you are refering to were actually Rayban 2.3 which Jerry wore in 73. These are Rayban 3.0s. Yes I am aware of the incident in which he dropped his previous pair en route to baskin robins dec 12, 1973 Waldo please do not try to dispute this I have done immense research on this item.

From this picture you can tell by the hairs on Ol Jer's upper lip that these are the glasses he wore during this photo shoot at 12:04pm on Oct 19, 1974.. This was the day he trimmed his beard before his show at Winterland that night!

Here is a video of Jerry wearing them at his concert that night.

Now a little known fact about these glasses is that when Phil heard that Jerry had comissioned his eye doctor to construct these new glasses he decided he wanted a pair just like them. What many of you havn't heard is that Phil actually received his pair two months before Jerry, which Jerry was obviously not too happy about, and is why jerry pushed him down the stairs after their show at Alexandra Palace on September 18 of the same year. You can actually see in the video at 3:24 that phil is wearing his pair.. copy cat!

I know what you are all wondering though... Do I have the same prescription as Jerry.. You godamn right i do. I could care less what feels better for me personally I want EXACTLY what he had. And I tell you what.. They are amazing! I finally realized that its not in the equipment or in the "fingers" like people love to say. Its really about how you see the fret board and with glasses just like Jerry I finally found that I can play all his licks effortlessly now.

Anyhoo, I will be at the next dead gear expo with these on display if anyone would like to give them a test drive. and PM me if you want contact info for Jerry's eye doctor. But I warn you you, these will get your wife all kinds of pissed at you for draining the bank account because they are expensive as hell. But like I always say, "who gives a shit." Am I right?
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: Jerry Garcia EXACT REPLICA!

Postby tcsned » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 am

I think that's the final piece to getting "the sound" - when they hang off your nose just right they reflect your vibrating strings back into the Super 2 giving you that high end sparkle that we are all seeking.
tcsned

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent!
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby RiseandFall » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 am

I hope you enjoy them....until you put them up on eBay with a $75,000 "buy it now".
:-)
RiseandFall
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby tcsned » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 am

. . . of course I don't think I can quit wearing my Harry Carey replicas

tcsned

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 am

:hail: Love it! I actually have thought about spending the $100 or so on some Phil glasses. :oops:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby ccw3432 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

This is great! Thanks for your extensive research Adam. :cool:
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby mgbills » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 am

Awesome! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Did you have the Bear designed micro-transistor powered "Meat Detector" built into the arm?
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby PaulJay » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey , Do you have photos with you wearing them while you play? How about a video demo?
PaulJay
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm

as someone who wears glasses I always make sure to push them back up my nose at a dramatic time in a solo
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby tcsned » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:as someone who wears glasses I always make sure to push them back up my nose at a dramatic time in a solo
:D

+1
tcsned

Postby waldo041 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

nothing to dispute, but must add that he eventually was known as a chromatic player. 8)

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

waldo041 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

nothing to dispute, but must add that he eventually was known as a chromatic player. 8)

~waldo

Ba-da-bump

coda-chromatic

ouch
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Mr.Burns » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:21 am

Best thread ever!
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby paulinnc » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Well played sir. Very funny and i totally get what you are saying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
paulinnc

Return to Everything Else