Who here is on myspace?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Postby phreaker » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:58 pm

strumminsix wrote:IMO, myspace is the ideal for someone who wants a webpage for themself but doesn't want the hassels and expenses of setting one up.

seconded.
phreaker

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:20 am

phreaker wrote:
strumminsix wrote:IMO, myspace is the ideal for someone who wants a webpage for themself but doesn't want the hassels and expenses of setting one up.

seconded.

Thirded. Gave me a chance to post some of my own music, too, which is great. With 3 different pages (one for my band, one for my music, and one for my friends/family), folks can hear some of my bands music, as well as my own originals on my personnal music page, and keep in touch personally with the other page. For instance, I have out buddy out in SF who's getting a sweet original project going, and I can listen to their latest songs, see where they're playing, what setlists they've played, etc. I find that awesome.

And as queer as it may seem, it has become a cool way to keep in touch with friends & relatives from away. They can post current pics of themselves/family/friends so you get that visual stimulation as well, and not just a boring email or note or whatever.

At first I thought MySpace was a fad internet thing that would fizzle out and only geeks or people with nothing better to do would join, but I was wrong for the reasons listed above.

Try it out, you may be surprised. Especially if you play music, you can set up a "music account" on MySpace & post it so folks can listen.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby LazyLightnin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:13 pm

i cancelled my account a few months ago, right after i had 2k profile views.. maybe ill set it up again.
LazyLightnin

Previous

Return to Everything Else