Richard Thompson

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Richard Thompson

Postby tcsned » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:54 am

Hey People! I saw Richard Thompson at the Lyric Theatre last night. What a show! It had been about 20 years since I've seen him play and he isn't slowing down. He's such a great player and a great performer. He creates a pretty big sound for one guy.

Here's a YouTube clip I found of a tune he played last night. It looks like this was filmed in his living room:

Here he is rockin' a Tennesse Jed with Elvis Costello, Levon Helm, Alan Toussaint, and Larry Campbell.
tcsned

Re: Richard Thompson

Postby Maybeck09 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 am

I love Richard Thompson. Faireport Convention, through Shoot out the Lights, thru solo career. Got to see him a couple of times-once solo acoustic in a small theater at UVA, as well as at The Warfield (SF), many years ago. His picking style, his tone, his vocals, and his songwriting are all top of line. A real talent. Glad to hear he's still going strong.
Maybeck09
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: Richard Thompson

Postby tcsned » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:46 am

This was my third RT show, 2 acoustic and 1 electric show, I've seen Fairport once too, sadly w/o RT. The term underrated gets overused but I think he is one of those guys that deserves it.
tcsned

Return to Everything Else