Casady's Yggdrasil Guild Starfire Bass

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Casady's Yggdrasil Guild Starfire Bass

Postby Sparechaynge » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 pm

WOW. Thanks Rosie! That is the best pic of this bass I have ever seen! I have been trying to determine the evolution of the Alembic-modded active basses, and the control layout of this bass is an essential early example. Plus Bear's carved control plate is incredible.

Sorry for the hijack, I'm just really excited. Hope it gets recovered!! :smile: :smile:
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby zambiland » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I highly recommend Rosie's book. I bought the ebook version, a print of Phil playing feedback from Monterey and just ordered a hard copy, just to have the physical pictures.

Anyway, it would great if we could find this bass. I had assumed it was a mahogany Starfire, but it's interesting to see that it's a maple, just like his other ones. I have a '67 sunburst SII that's in need of some serious refurbishment. Great sounding basses!

It would also be nice to find Phil's EB3. Last seen in Orange County somewhere. It was offered back to Phil but he declined.
zambiland

Postby Sparechaynge » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:58 am

Ok, new links for some more pictures.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/jack+casad ... uage=en_US

Not my tumblr, just found it on google.

http://www.flyguitars.com/interviews/ja ... ldBass.php
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby FirstBassman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Speaking of Jack's missing Guild bass, has anyone heard about this guy? -

http://www.rawbw.com/~bobh/bass.html

I've been told who bought Jack's Alembic after it was damaged and who he sold it to.

I'll have to ask if that person sold it or traded it in at a music store.
FirstBassman
rukind?
rukind?

Postby Sparechaynge » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

I just remembered this.

In the January 1990 issue of Stereophile mag there was an article about Dave Holland that stated he own Yggdrasil at that time. I emailed him a few years ago and more recently sent a message to whomever runs his facebook page. The fb message got no reply, and I either didn't get a reply or wasn't told anything through the email. I have since changed addresses and no longer have it on file.
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby zambiland » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Sparechaynge wrote:I just remembered this.

In the January 1990 issue of Stereophile mag there was an article about Dave Holland that stated he own Yggdrasil at that time. I emailed him a few years ago and more recently sent a message to whomever runs his facebook page. The fb message got no reply, and I either didn't get a reply or wasn't told anything through the email. I have since changed addresses and no longer have it on file.

That's crazy! I wonder if he played it out or on recordings. I'd never heard about this.
zambiland

Postby Thomas Lieber » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 am

Sparechaynge wrote:I just remembered this.

Thank you for the lead,I contacted Dave, he doesn't have the bass, never did but wishes us all the luck in its retrieval!

Lets keep at it!!
Thomas
Thomas Lieber
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Sparechaynge » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks for clearing that up Thomas! It kind of sounded too good to be true.
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Previous

Return to Everything Else