Red Rocks 1985

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Red Rocks 1985

Postby Smolder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm

^^^^

and oddly, I spent a month or so here 8 years ago looking for a job... ended up moving to Virgina ; )

We played a private party the other night in Morrison (at the foot of red rocks) and the local finest shut us down... by yelling at our drummer, and I quote, "hey fuckhead, cut that shit out".
Smolder

Postby easytoslip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am

tcsned wrote:I was a ripe young 19 and just getting on the bus. 3 friends from high school and I drove a Dodge Omni from Virginia to Colorado for this awesome run of shows. I took a bunch of pics and I just found this one. If I can find the rest I'll scan and post them. Trouble ahead, Jerry in red!

(took the pic out when I hit quote to save space but a great shot indeedy) I love stories of adventures on the road. dammit if getting older hasn't made me cautious and wussy. I miss the days of oblivion and adventure! "We gotta get on the road, Destiny unbound"

edit to add: I say oblivion because my adult awareness is holding me back these days
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 am

Smolder wrote: by yelling at our drummer, and I quote, "hey fuckhead, cut that shit out".

:lol: gotta be twice as nice when you're having the most fun on the planet, it seems, can't retaliate even though stuff like that hits harshly at the end of feelin so good playing music! in a moderately unrelated note, anytime my inner critic gets the best of me my catchphrase is "Cut the shit." Works every time.
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Smolder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 am

easytoslip wrote:
Smolder wrote: by yelling at our drummer, and I quote, "hey fuckhead, cut that shit out".

:lol: gotta be twice as nice when you're having the most fun on the planet, it seems, can't retaliate even though stuff like that hits harshly at the end of feelin so good playing music! in a moderately unrelated note, anytime my inner critic gets the best of me my catchphrase is "Cut the shit." Works every time.

not to derail the thread but... I was actually a little proud. Took me back to my early slightly rebellious musical efforts.
Smolder

Previous

Return to Everything Else