Thoughts on earbuds?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Thoughts on earbuds?

Postby vwjodyme » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I've always just used the ones that came with my iPhone. Am I missing out? Some people at work just got those Beats and love them, but reading the reviews they sound like they are made for heavy bass type music. Anyone have luck with any?

Maybe the dead should release some and call'em Jams :lol:
vwjodyme

Re: Thoughts on earbuds?

Postby schmidtz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:18 am

Beats are like the Bose of the headphone world... useful for showing that you have lots of disposable income and nothing else.

I've had a pair of Sennheiser CX 300's for the last four or so years and I absolutely love them. If you want to spend even more to get an arguably better product, I've heard fantastic things about the Klipsch Image line of in-ears, though I should note that I have never owned any.
"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."
schmidtz
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: Thoughts on earbuds?

Postby schmidtz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 am

But to speak to the question "am I missing out?", the main difference between the stock Apple 'phones and the Sennheisers and Klipschs that I listed above are that the Apple 'phones don't create the same seal with your ear that the other two do. Some people find that they don't like how far you have to stick these other buds in your ears, but they only really work with a tight seal. It will really all come down to comfort, which is subjective, and it's not easy to test fit these very personal products.

Bottom line, if you are happy, I'd probably leave it, but if you are looking for a change go with the brands listed above... they won't break the bank.
"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."
schmidtz
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Everything Else