TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Lunchbox16 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm not a Phish fan either - for the record. They're great musicians. Saw them in 97 and 99, got bored at that 99 show and never looked back. I just don't dwell on it.

That said, Gordon killed it during Move Me Brightly.
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Lunchbox16 wrote:I'm not a Phish fan either - for the record. They're great musicians. Saw them in 97 and 99, got bored at that 99 show and never looked back. I just don't dwell on it.

That said, Gordon killed it during Move Me Brightly.

Exactly how I feel. Grate player but not a fan of the band. also I though he played well also
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:
Lunchbox16 wrote:So it's ok to be obnoxious and a troll but then cry foul when people call you out on it?

It might behoove these kids to do more reading than posting at this point. If these kids are going to post on an Internet forum with people who have very diverse tastes, and much more perspective and life experience they need to be able to accept it when people call them out on their errors. Hate is a strong word. Do I hate these kids? No. Do I find them consistently obnoxious and ill-informed? Yes. How many truly constructive posts have they contributed since joining?

If they keep posting junk people will keep calling them out until they either learn or leave.

If they want to read correctives as attacks or hate then that just proves how much perspective they need. The arrogance of youth is annoying. I come here to learn from fellow heads and this type of non-productive drivel really detracts from it, even when I try to ignore it.

Fair enough. I am not crying, I am just saying Phish at this point is not the band for me.

Number 1: You're band sounds great! Wonderful to see another generation latching on to this great music with love.

Number 2: Not liking Phish, that's ABSOLUTELY FINE!!!!

Nobody asked you to like Phish! Nobody cares if you do or don't. Phish was NEVER a topic in this thread. The topic was "move me brightly" and then morphed into "Mike Gordon was the MVP of Move me Brightly because, boy, he sure held down the "Phil Zone" well". People (myself chiefly among them) only had a problem with you assertion that Mike can't play "Phil Zone" at all in the face of obvious evidence that he can, and does, play "Phil" well. Then you combined that with some pretty ludicrous, inflammatory statements.

You obviously love Phil, Mike obviously loves Phil, you guys have some common ground, maybe I can arrange a lunch date for you :-) Phil lovers should stick together and support each other! Saying Mike Gordon is a great bass player doesn't automatically mean that you are a Phish fan. Not separating those items was, I think, your mistake in this thread.

I'm glad to see that you have finally admitted that mike can at least play the bass a little bit. :-)
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Mike know his stuff that's for sure
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
Phil Lesh101

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Atta boy. Nowwwwww we're getting somewhere! 8)
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby The Stag » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Mr.Burns wrote:Don't let up now, everybody, I think he's about to crack.

At this point in the brainwashing process, we need to put one "in the barrel", and then follow up with a physical fight between the two subjects.

If we all just push a little harder, maybe we can get one to say he loves Phish.

I've never seen a group of "adults" treat children so carelessly in public. We should be offering guidance instead of pontificating and explaining the etiquette of blasting these kids for their OPINIONS.

It's ok to hate Phish. It's ok to hate Gordon. It's ok to say they both suck. It's also ok to call these kids trolls. But where does that leave you? Defending Gordon? That's not a place I'd ever want to be. These kids formulated THEIR OWN opinions about Gordon and they're probably too young to have heard about his extreme douchebaggery at Jones Beach in 03.

If that whole thing was a misunderstanding, even if Mike Gordon isn't really a creepy pedophile, please tell me why do these grand misunderstandings seemingly only happen to people that already look/act like creepos?

And, if it was a misunderstanding, why has Mike given the girl's family(not to mention the Hell's Angels who tazered his nuts) so much money? :?:

thank you mr burns you are mmkay in my book haha and yea the Great Stag (Dan Sr) is a pretty aweesome dude mmkay and THAT PICTURE IS AWESOME!!!! i love it thannks for posting it mmkay!!! its my new backround mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay!!
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby The Stag » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:20 pm

with that said i still CANT STAND phish and mike gordon....idk the pediphile thing but i knew there was somthing strange about him not mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby beaner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Reading this thread is the closest thing to a Jerry Springer show I have ever read here.
Let's recap.......R....U...Kind? Posed as a question to get us to look at our own words & actions
in kind. Does not imply that everyone IS kind, but can we BE kind to one another?
To Mr. Burns: Tisk, Tisk, Tisk.
To Phil & Stag: If possible, try to reinforce your opinions with substance. For example:
Mike Gordon sounds nothing like Phil Lesh because..........
Phish as a band sucks because............
What ever your reasons they are YOUR reasons and fuck'em if that don't like it.
And now back to our regularly scheduled program. -beaner

What exactly is TRI anyway?
beaner
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 pm

beaner wrote:What exactly is TRI anyway?

it is bob's studio.
Phil Lesh101

Postby ebick » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 am

beaner wrote:Reading this thread is the closest thing to a Jerry Springer show I have ever read here.

I keep wondering what drives me to continually click on the link that is this thread. It's THE KRAMER ("He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away.")

Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby jeffm725 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 am

ebick wrote:
beaner wrote:Reading this thread is the closest thing to a Jerry Springer show I have ever read here.

I keep wondering what drives me to continually click on the link that is this thread. It's THE KRAMER ("He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away.")

LOL ED! "He Sickens Me"

.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby mgbills » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:15 am

Any minute now...it'll take a turn, and some kernel of ultimate truth will bloom from within it! I'm certain that the next post will allow me to play exactly like Jerry. Any minute now...it'll...

Any minute now...

...nothin' left to do but :smile: :smile: :smile:
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby easytoslip » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:33 am

IMHO nobody will ever play exactly like Jerry

"be the best you you can be" and that might be even more satisfying :D
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:35 am

it's cool that people aspire to that though, wanting to play like Jerry. I've had some killer nights out dancing to Dead tunes by tributes; no doubt some of the best times of my life :wink:
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby joethepainter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:47 pm

To the OP: Thanks for posting the list of players, man. It was truly a cool show! :-)

And, not to fan flames, but my bud just happened to send me this link from Terrapin Crossroads...Phil and Mike look like father and
(surrogate) son! lol!
joethepainter
Pigpen
Pigpen

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else