TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 am

Very nice Jerry chops and tone.

Bass player sounds just like Mike Gordon! :lol:

Dad + son bands are cool.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
User avatar
TI4-1009
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 am
Location: Upstate NY- Toodaloo

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 am

The Stag wrote: we may not spell that good but i think we play pretty good mmkay!


Yeah man - sounds great !
8)
User avatar
Tennessee Jedi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4222
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 am
Location: Bucks Co.Pa

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 am

jkstraw wrote:
TI4-1009 wrote: (or in my case PigPen)


Read this...realized I have make a list of users who I must meet up with an have a meal, drink, etc with so I can hear some stories! :peas:

What I wouldn't give to have heard pig live! That is awesome!


I am in fact the self-appointed President of the little-known organization OAD: Order of the Ancient Deadheads. Only membership requirement is to have attended at least one PigPen show.

Fewer and fewer of us every year.... :-) Woodstock gave us a big bump (but you have an * after your name if that was your only Pig-Dead "show"). :lol:
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
User avatar
TI4-1009
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 am
Location: Upstate NY- Toodaloo

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby mgbills » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am

T14 ...that is unbelievably cool. If I remember right, you're somewhere in Upstate. Grew up in Ithaca. Lived there 23 years. First show 1981, but that's small-taters compared to seeing Pigpen.

Righteous Man. :peas:
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
User avatar
mgbills
Senior Member
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: The Northwest Corner

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:10 pm

TI4-1009 wrote:Bass player sounds just like Mike Gordon! :lol:


FUNNY
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
User avatar
Phil Lesh101
Senior Member
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am
Location: New york

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby easytoslip » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 am

The Stag wrote:blah blah blah were both real we already coverd that subject and were not going anywhere we are here to stay mmkay bad spelling and all! we may not spell that good but i think we play pretty good mmkay!



sounds good, little dudes :wink: which is which, stag in black tee, phil lesh in tie dye or vice versa? what kind of guitars yall play? Looks like pop's on a strat and black tee's on a custom?
User avatar
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 am

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby The Stag » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:31 am

you are correct phil is tye dye, stag is black tee, and pops iin middle mkay. my guitar is a custom philga, phils is a dean and pops is on a strat mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 am

Dean 6-string
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
User avatar
Phil Lesh101
Senior Member
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am
Location: New york

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby JonnyBoy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:No you didn't scream "YOU'RE REAL!" seamed like it though! :lol:
It was weird because at the time we had no idea there was a post "The Stag and Phil Lesh101 same person?" :smile:

JonnyBoy wrote:I can understand how you come to the conclusion about Phish and thier success, and Jerry's death did give them some more fans on tour. but they were huge already. The band that really got a huge charge from Jerry's death was WSP IMO.


That is what I was trying to say but I was told I was a fool for saying so.



Well, in print you must stick to as much fact as possible when stating things in absolute terms, or make sure people know you are stating an opinion. You can't rely on people to assume your intentions or let them assume what you were trying to say, especially after starting a flame!!

Fact: The Dead stopped touring.

Fact: Phish were still touring.

Fact: Phish did grow a little when the Dead stopped touring, but they were HUGE already and didn't need Dead heads to keep them rolling.

False: Phish suddenly became successful when Jerry died and owe their success to that in any way.

Phish may not be my favorite band, but you can't deny their unique approach and their talent! Mike G played Phil style bass at TRI better than most pro players I know. Music is always a taste thing no need to bash it, unless you wanna start a fight, and that's what happened me thinks....

As for the security on this site, hats off to those that keep us from being cyber raped. It is not easy and trolls are a wase of space here. it is easier to knock them out then to allow them to run rampant. You did start your membership here most unorthodox. Hippy, cool, square or not, that is just asking for trouble within an online qroup. A little conformity, where it helps everyone around you, never really hurt anyone and is an act of kindness. :hd:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
User avatar
JonnyBoy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 am
Location: the south swamps

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby The Stag » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:44 pm

and to be more specific the guitar in my hands is a phiga with some specs of mine i wanted and the one in the backround is a tiger replica also a phiga mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Just when I though we were off the Phish topic...
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
User avatar
Phil Lesh101
Senior Member
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am
Location: New york

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby TI4-1009 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm

From SF Huff-Post:

"Phil has long been credited with being part of a group of '60s bass players that pioneered a more melodic, lead kind of playing. Mike Gordon of Phish has been aware of this style for sometime. After two songs, when Phil left the performance to join Yonder Mountain String Band at Terrapin Crossroads, Gordon picked up the role of the bassist and finished the rest of the show. Seeing these two musicians one after the other, it was clear that Phil had greatly influenced Gordon's sound and style."
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
User avatar
TI4-1009
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 am
Location: Upstate NY- Toodaloo

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 am

TI4-1009 wrote:From SF Huff-Post:

"Phil has long been credited with being part of a group of '60s bass players that pioneered a more melodic, lead kind of playing. Mike Gordon of Phish has been aware of this style for sometime. After two songs, when Phil left the performance to join Yonder Mountain String Band at Terrapin Crossroads, Gordon picked up the role of the bassist and finished the rest of the show. Seeing these two musicians one after the other, it was clear that Phil had greatly influenced Gordon's sound and style."



Yeah, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good troll session. "Mike Gordon sucks, Phil should smack him in the face with a Dead Possum" or some such nonsense from our teenage friends. :roll:
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Chester, CT.

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby The Stag » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 am

you are absoulutly right jeffm725kjshfurgjdsf,I still think he sucks mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 am

The Stag wrote:you are absoulutly right jeffm725kjshfurgjdsf,I still think he sucks mmkay


And we all think you're wrong and we're also very sick of seeing you type "mmkay". But thanks for your valuable input.
User avatar
Rusty the Scoob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:28 am
Location: Concord, MA

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests