TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:32 am

mmmkay anyway I was just posting opinion no need to throw a fit ... just chill out if you don't agree sorry mmmmmkayy

Dan- here's the distinction- when you post "opinion" you start by saying "I think...", then you have license to express your views and no one can really knock you because you have the right to believe what you want to believe- right or wrong.

On the ther hand, when you lay out a declarative sentence like "Phish never filled a pool hall until Jerry died and Phil Lesh's shit smells wonderful", well, people have the right to challange you.

If you guys were born after Jerry died and you want to argue about some of these "facts" with people who were in the parking lots when Keith & Donna (or in my case PigPen) were Playing in the Band, knock yourselves out! But don't expect it to go unchallanged.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby The Stag » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 am

strumminsix wrote:
vwjodyme wrote::lol: this thread took an odd turn awhile back

remember when they (stag/101) got koonsed cause we weren't sure if they were real :lol:

I didn't Koons them, I speculated they were the same person, asked and emailed them, didn't hear back. They posted a similar writing style, seemed to have 1 on 1 with one another, and posted from the same IP address on multiple occasions. I wish I had waited longer before calling out my theory on that but the facts were there and this is my donated time and the real world calls....

first of all you never emailed me about anything you took it upon yourself to jump to conclusions which only came back to bite you in the end correct? you also exposed personal information on both of us for the world to see. I hope you found somthing better to do with your time then to snoop and look up my IP address. My opinion holds on the phish topic I do not like that band and thats that mmmmkay I also realize that there were some bad shows in the 90s but i think there are enough exellent ones to make up for it. I wasent there for any but I am lucky enough to own almost every show from the 90s SOUNDBOARD quality and those dont lie. mmkay And for those of you so called adults who want to name call names and change around everything I say maybe YOU should grow up. Mmkay
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby jkstraw » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am

TI4-1009 wrote: (or in my case PigPen)

Read this...realized I have make a list of users who I must meet up with an have a meal, drink, etc with so I can hear some stories! :peas:

What I wouldn't give to have heard pig live! That is awesome!
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby tigger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 am

Just recently I found out that my dad saw them with Pigpen in VA, probably '67. But like every other show he saw (1st Stones tour, Yardbirds, Hendrix, etc.) all he says is "they were cool".

Also: the "add foe" function is your friend, no more mmmkays.
tigger
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby strumminsix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 am

The Stag wrote:first of all you never emailed me about anything you took it upon yourself to jump to conclusions which only came back to bite you in the end correct? you also exposed personal information on both of us for the world to see. I hope you found somthing better to do with your time then to snoop and look up my IP address.

Facts:
1. I did email you both and sent PMs. Maybe you didn't get the email because my email address was unfamiliar to you and some services default to spam.
2. No personal information was exposed nor was snooping involved. Moderates have that prerogative.
3. Stopping spam and bullshit here are important tasks
4. You both signed up with days, have the same horrific spelling and grammar, posted from the same IP addresses, had seemingly too familiar and strange 1 on 1 conversations with each other, and had those while posting from same IP address.

The logical conclusions:
1. 2 people with identical writing idiosyncrasies having forum type conversation while sitting in the same room with each other - seemed highly unlikely but did check with both ID's. Didn't hear back.
2. A person with 2 ID's trying create some sort of legitimacy to both - seemed highly likely as this forum has seen the multiple ID's thing before and it's against policy. So yes, my job to destroy that like I have done with other people: an individual saying how awesome this new band is by creating a 2nd ID to brag about his own band... A person claimed how awesome tech work was from someone by creating a 2nd Id to brag about himself. Both of those got squashed too.

So now, it didn't bite me. My theory was incorrect but all the facts pointed there and I'm okay with how it played out.
strumminsix

Postby NSP » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 am

tigger wrote:Also: the "add foe" function is your friend, no more mmmkays.

Ahhh...thank you.
NSP
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:13 am

I remembered when we were accused of being the same person, being stalked like prey as the admins traced our every post and IP address... Kind of creepy also not to mention everyone on here is a English teacher and bites me every time I misspell something!
Then we met Scoob at a Furthur show and that is when he knew we were legit, it was funky because we had no idea that there was a post about us and Scoob took a picture of us shouting "YOUR REAL!" :lol:
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:also not to mention everyone on here is a English teacher and bites me every time I misspell something!

I don't think everyone here is an English teacher, but there's another possible explanation.... :lol:

""I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob"

Oooooh, NOW I get it!!
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

TI4-1009

Postby strumminsix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I remembered when we were accused of being the same person, being stalked like prey as the admins traced our every post and IP address... Kind of creepy also not to mention everyone on here is a English teacher and bites me every time I misspell something!
Then we met Scoob at a Furthur show and that is when he knew we were legit, it was funky because we had no idea that there was a post about us and Scoob took a picture of us shouting "YOUR REAL!" :lol:

2 mouse clicks does not = stalked like prey. That's how easy it was!

But being classmates may be the reason why your grammar, spelling and structure are nearly identical :lol:

Maybe one day you'll understand. Most of us here are not of the texting generation and most write professional emails. The shorthand, shitty grammar, incorrect homophones and the like actually make communication more difficult to us > 25.

PS - you likely were shouting "YOU'RE REAL"
strumminsix

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 am

I remember vividly in the early 90's people trading Phish bootlegs much like the Dead. Lots of "Hippies" decidely moved tours and shifted gears into the Phish scene while Jerry was alive and touring. It was new, growing, and something the x generation could call their own. Phish was selling out huge venues before Jerry died, especially in the North East. I was in Colorado at the time and I was almost a minority among the 1990's mid 20 year olds that didn't switch tours. I was too a die hard Dead head that refused to go see Phish. I never got attached to them, much like WSP, but to say their success came from Jerry's death and the hiatus of the remaining Dead members is plain wrong. To put down Phish's abilities musically is asenine.

I also thought Gordon's playing was stellar. Very Phil like IMO, which is a hard thing to define anyway. Phil had so many tones and approaches to tunes to really say, "This is how phil does it".

I can understand how you come to the conclusion about Phish and thier success, and Jerry's death did give them some more fans on tour. but they were huge already. The band that really got a huge charge from Jerry's death was WSP IMO.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I remembered when we were accused of being the same person, being stalked like prey as the admins traced our every post and IP address... Kind of creepy also not to mention everyone on here is a English teacher and bites me every time I misspell something!

I wasn't shouting, I was dumbfounded that you were real. I thought for sure you two were just some guy in his mother's basement pretending to be two kids just to mess with the rest of us.

And you do NOT get bit every time you misspell something. You get bit once for every hundred words you misspell or pieces of atrocious grammar - you just don't notice the other 99 mistakes that we collectively let go. :lol:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Did anyone catch the TRI Move Me Brightly Jerry tribute?

:?

TI4-1009

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 pm

No you didn't scream "YOU'RE REAL!" seamed like it though! :lol:
It was weird because at the time we had no idea there was a post "The Stag and Phil Lesh101 same person?" :smile:

JonnyBoy wrote:I can understand how you come to the conclusion about Phish and thier success, and Jerry's death did give them some more fans on tour. but they were huge already. The band that really got a huge charge from Jerry's death was WSP IMO.

That is what I was trying to say but I was told I was a fool for saying so.
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 pm

I think everyone should smoke a number and listen to Blonde on Blonde....

Relax, it's life....
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Postby The Stag » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 am

blah blah blah were both real we already coverd that subject and were not going anywhere we are here to stay mmkay bad spelling and all! we may not spell that good but i think we play pretty good mmkay!

Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else